Monday, April 21, 2008

MY LIFE IS IN YOUR HANDS

Well, I have returned to the world of blogging. Please, excuse the long absence! It has been an extremely busy couple of weeks. There was...
- a marriage conference (which was a great blessing!),
- IHC (so nice to see many of my fellow blogging friends in person!),
- several doctor's appointments (good for my children and not so good for hubby),
- a Collingsworth concert (pretty fun... but, interesting with three children... and, it was after this concert that I actually learned that a word I have used actually does not mean what I thought it did... it was not a nice word, and I never knew that! Long story, and very humbling!) Thank you John and Melissa Ritchey for inviting us!,
- church services (so nice to hear Brother Sams on Sunday night, although I did not get to hear the whole sermon),
- a two year old's birthday party (my little Charity),
- Ron's grandfather's funeral (which Ron preached),
- guests (my children have LOVED our company the past couple of weeks!),
- and, many other things that kept us hopping!

Thank you to those who did babysit, and do things to help us pull through these past two weeks!
Thank you, Franklin Bible Methodist Church for the VERY kind gift you gave our family! We hope to use it soon!

I am sure that many of you are wondering about Ron. And, you deserve to know since you all have been praying and so caring! Well, it is pretty lengthy to explain, so I will try to give you a quick version. His PET scan still shows activity, and possibly it is worse in the lymph nodes in the chest area, but other areas look better. (It has to do with sugar uptake numbers, and a bunch of stuff I don't feel like explaining and researching right now.) This means we got to take a trip to Columbus this morning for a second opinion. It looks like they may do more aggressive chemo treatments and ending with a three to four week hospital stay in the summer at Ohio State University Hospital for "high dose chemotherapy with a stem cell transplant." The road looks long and scary, but he still has a "50, 60, or 70%" chance of complete remission... yeah, that is a wide range, but that is what the doc said! These people are HIGHLY professional, and are consulting with several other doctors on Ron's specific case. You may do your research, as it would take me a while to type the details of this procedure.

Now, I know you would like to see pictures of the past couple of weeks, and I actually have several video clips to share, but, you know my computer has issues, so I will have to share those in another post!

Thanks for your prayers and love!

5 comments:

Constance said...

It was great seeing you at IHC.
We will be praying for Ron and for you and the kids. Keep us updated.

Dixie said...

It was nice to spend a little time with you at IHC. You and Ron have been on my mind the last couple of days. I am praying for you all.
Thanks for the update.

sarahmfry said...

Sarah, I ejoyed very much getting to talk wiht you at IHC. Your girls are beautiful and you are hilarious. Your sense of God's strength and positive attitude about you are inspiring to me.

I love you and am praying for you and your family.

Jamie said...

I'm praying for you both Sarah! A day does not pass that I don't think of you!

sankey family said...

Oh, Sarah, my heart hurts for you and Ron...I know news like this is a blow when you're living through the ordeal. Please know our family is praying for you and will continue to pray. I hope your appointment in Columbus will be definitive and you'll get some answers to the plan of action for the next few months.
Remember, God walks the dark valley with us..He's Emmanuel - God with us.

Marc, Melodie, and boys