Monday, October 22, 2007

Happy Birthday, Ron!

First, I will say that I am doing a little better, and now have permission to go to calm and quiet places in a wheelchair! Ha! That shall be a sight to behold... and, what about home... it's not very calm and quiet! With two toddlers who love music (loud), Your Story Hour (loud), arguing (loud)... getting the point?!

For those who think I have become some veggie, think again! I have read a 400 and some page book, crocheted a baby bonnet, mittens, and booties, and worked some more on the baby blanket which I am nearly finished with! I also have broken the rules some, because I can hardly stand the main part of house house being disorderly... bad Sarah! The church is still bringing supper meals, and offering help... this is so very sweet of them! God's people are so wonderful... and, I know Who made them that way! Thank you, one and all!

You wouldn't believe what I accidently did to my 18 month old today while brushing her teeth! I made her gag, which caused her to vomit BIG time! Ooops!

Today, Ron and I both had doctor's appointments... and, THIS IS HIS BIRTHDAY! He is officially 32 years old... and, I want many more years with this wonderful man God has allowed me to be a help meet to. (Although, right now, I feel like he's MY helpmeet, with all the work he has to do for me since I am on bedrest.) I love him so much! I can't even begin to tell you just how much he means to me. Being married to him has made me so much a better and more mature person. If you knew me before marriage, well, you would know how silly and whimpy I was. He inspires me to do my best, and to be a better disciplined Christian! I love him for that! My girls adore him as well. We have been through some tough times in our marriage, and we've come out stronger through each trial. I don't know what I would do without him, for besides Jesus, Ron is my very best friend!

As you could imagine, I had a hard time making today special with all that is going on here... more than you all know about... but, I cheated on my bedrest and made him a cake and had his mother, sister and children, and our neighbor over for maybe 2 hours. Faith and Charity made birthday cards, and my gift to him is in the mail, and should arrive in a couple of days! Since I can't go out shopping, I ordered him a couple of missions books over the phone. I totally forgot to take pictures! My forgetter has not forgotten how to forget! (Hey, give me a point... I made that up all by myself!)

Ron, I love you so much! Thank you for being you! I have no desire for any other, for you are the best!

By the way, if you think that I mean that being married has made me shriveled up and no more interested in humor... think again! I just play my games more dignified! Ha!
Say, do you think Youth Challenge counts as being quiet and calm? ;-) I haven't quite made up my mind. Working with young people is about the quietest and calmest job I have ever had! Yeah, right! Ask the girls in our youth group how quiet we are... then again, please don't! They tend to stretch their stories about their youth pastor's wife, and I have a reputation to protect!
On a more serious note, please pray for one of our teen gals, Jennifer. Her grandfather was rushed to the hospital tonight with a possible heart attack. Her grandfather is a very faithful worker in our church.

We haven't been as in touch with our teens as we were, because now we have also been doing some children's ministry there... plus maintanance, plus taking care of our own children, plus this and that! But, we do schedule regular activities with the teens and have Sunday School with them. We also have been using some of them in Children's Church! They are really neat people! I sure hope they enjoy Youth Challenge this weekend!

Hope all my readers are doing well! Maybe someday I will return to posting pictures :-) Have a great evening! Take care. Signing off... Me

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sarah, I'm glad to hear that you're feeling a little better. Hope the rest of your week goes good.