Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Making progress!

Worked so hard yesterday, and having trouble getting anything done today! Yesterday, I had Faithy doing several chores with me, and she usually enjoys it (except cleaning her room). I swept, steam cleaned, made a curtain (yes, I believe this is my first curtain) for the girls' bedroom, washed dishes, cleaned the bathroom, washed laundry, did some mopping, etc, etc. Plus, did some more reading.
Bad news is that my nerves are really short! I feel like a walking time bomb, and my children are asking me 1001 questions, and I feel like going on strike! Where's the duct tape?! Not really... but, if you have children, I am sure you know what I talking about. I played in their bedroom with them today for about an hour, and that was about all I could take... it was fun, but I am not sure what my problem is the past couple of days!
Good news is that I have come up with some neat ideas on how to save money... one of the most dramatic is going cloth diapers... well, I think that at bedtime, I still want disposable... we haven't completely decided on some of the stuff, but I brought some of my thoughts to Ron yesterday, and he is thinking about it. One thing is to get rid of the internet, and just go to the library, which is only a mile or less from our house anyway! There is much more, but I really would rather have my hubby around than all the luxeries. He has been working his full-time job, and several side jobs, and I would like to help ease the stress of the bills... not to mention, he is also very involved in ministries.
I am looking forward to our next series in Children's Church... it is a construction theme that was sent to us by our missionary friends, the Yates. Later, we may do a creation theme, but it will take alot of work to get it ready!
Well, if you have trouble reaching our home number in the future, you will need to get our cell numbers... not willing to put it on my blog because I am not sure I know who all gets on here... gotta be safe! Call my home number in the next few days and ask for my cell if you want the numbers. We may get rid of the home phone. We'll see. I don't really mind. I spend too much time on the computer and phone anyway. These were my ideas, so it doesn't mean it will happen, because the head of the house will be the final decision maker.
Well, on a more cheery note... (Not that I am sad about giving up the luxeries, I am actually very happy about it!), but I will plan to post a very interesting adventure that Sister Manley and I had this past Friday... you will want to read it, so come back and visit again soon!

1 comment:

Mark, Gretchen and Kendrick said...

I do not know you (I saw your comment left on Heather Dickinson's Blog) I read that you are wanting to use cloth diapers. I use them for my son and at night I added a birdseye diaper to the extra thick "night diapers" that I used. I never had him wake up soaked through.