Thursday, February 4, 2010

Your home is where your heart is...

As I hop around in Blog-land, I sometimes feel that familiar old feeling of jealousy creep up. Do you do that, too? Yep, it is one of those things I have to try to have some Scripture ready in my mind to quote in order to combat its blaaa-ness... that is a new Sarah word. I see other families doing happy things, looking beautiful, having fantastically gorgious houses, adorable decorations, and fine furniture, and then the comparison game begins in my mind.
I think, "Wow! Here I was excited because we are about to pay off our mobile home... but, look at what these folk have! What is so exciting about a mobile home?" Well, let me answer my own question...
"Sarah, in most of the world's eyes, you are rich! You have a warm, dry, comfortable home with plenty of furniture and supplies. You have food to last for several days. Everyone in your home owns an abundance of clothing. You have nice decorations. Your children are highly stocked in the area of toys. The mobile home is well cared for. You have vehicles that run (at least most of the time), and you have a husband (who took you on a date tonight) and children. Most of all, we have Christ in our home. So, no, Sarah, you may not have an extravagant life-style, but you are not in debt, and you have everything you need. You get told, "I love you" alot. So, put that poochy-lip away, and be thankful that you are not in the cold like those poor homeless people you passed today. They would be really happy right now to be in your shoes!"
Sarah now replies to herself... "Self, you are right. This is best place in the world! It is home! And, home is a good place to be yourself! Thank You, Jesus, for everything!"
Yes, I do talk to myself... I am nice company to myself. HA!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Very good company indeed! Even for us here in blogland. Just know that your posts often touch my heart or give me a needed reminder. Keep encouraged!

Constance said...

I know exactly what you are saying. been there many times. Sometimes we just need to get ourselves back in focus. May God helps us with that area in our lives.

Tim and Kristina said...

You are not alone Sarah! I guess that is one reason I have sometimes thought about deleting my blog and facebook accounts. Then I think of everything God has blessed me with!

Peggy B. said...

Hi Sarah: I to sometimes feel the same way. Good to know I'm not alone, and good to know we are blessed!