Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy 6th Birthday, Faith Ann Cook!


Six years ago, my world changed forever when into my world came a gorgious 9lb 8oz baby girl we named Faith. Faithy brings great pride and joy to our family. She is lovable, full of energy, has a very strong personality, is helpful, is extremely bright, loves music (has since she was a baby), and is determined to learn new things. Her struggles are bouts of pain... has struggled with this for several years. Knee pain is one of the tops, bringing tears and begging for relief... awaking her sometimes in the night, although recently it has been before she even gets to bed. She also has issues with her neck and stomach. I have talked to the pediatrician many times about the knee pain, but I plan to address it again tomorrow at her 6 year physical, and ask for testing. She is very active, and loves to play. does not get sick often, and has no symptoms of a bad immune system, so I have my guesses.


Later today, we plan to have cake as a family and present to her the long desired "real violin"... she has prayed for this instrument, dreamed several times about it, and loooonged for it. I believe we have a teacher for her now, too! I know next to nothing about violins. Hers looks so tiny. It is a 1/10. Faith is short of stature :-) She doesn't look 6, but she her smarts make up for the lack of height. Anyway, that is why her violin is the size that a 4 year old would probably use.

Faith is so beautiful. She doesn't look like me... yeah for her! She looks like Ron's side. She has great interest in the spiritual... she asks tough questions, and it seems her understanding is opening right before our eyes. My dream is that she will grow to be Godly woman described in the Bible. That is gonna take some serious prayer and training.


I am incredibly happy that God is allowing me to raise this fantastic child... I love the age she is in right now... so much fun!

I love you so much, Faith!

No comments: