Monday, July 26, 2010

Yay! The best kind of news there is!!!

What joy there was for me this Sunday, when two special young men in our lives came and told me that they had gotten saved at Youth Camp this year! One was a teen we have been taking to church for a long time now... nice guy, and always polite to me... and, when I asked him about camp, he told me the beautiful news.
Later Sunday morning, my nephew, Kyle, tells me that he, too, had gotten saved!
Both of these boys got a hug from me... it was a hug-worthy piece of news!
Kyle was also excited that he had the privilege to play the drums at camp... even for Hobe Sound. Kyle has had a talent with the drums since he was a little boy... he is REALLY talented... sounds like it must be an adult playing kind of talent, but we wanted God to get that talent, not the devil. So, there he was, playing for a holiness college, that is what I am talking about there!!! He has gained some height lately, so he doesn't look like the little drummer boy so much anymore... I am so excited to see what God has planned for him... pray for these boys that went to camp this year... I know the devil would just love to discourage them or get them side-tracked.
Right now, I am a proud Aunt Sarah... who loves all 8 of her nieces and nephews out there! And, her kiddos, too, for that matter! I am just so happy, and thought I would brag to all those folks who heard the "kid" playing the drums... that is Ron's sister's boy... he's a cutie... or maybe I should say handsome now, huh?... he was cute as our Bible-bearer at our wedding, too. Ron's sister is a very sweet Christian woman and has poured her heart into seeing her kids serve the Lord... she sends them to a Christian school, and they attend our church, and there were a couple of years there that I brought Kyle's sisters with me to family camp... they were good for me those years. I remember when Ron and I first married, hearing Ron pray for his sister's children... he would say, "Please, put a hedge of razor wire around them"... now THAT is a prayer of protection, if I did ever hear one. I thought that was sweet that he loved his nephew and nieces so very much.
Praise God for the good news!

No comments: