Saturday, July 28, 2007

cakes and car seats

Yesterday I went out to eat with my friend, Vicki, who lives next door, and we also went to Meijer's. When I got home I bagged 25 bags of gummy fish for children's church Sunday. Then I spent much time making a car seat cover for Charity's car seat... The one it had on it had holes and was very tattered...Okay, so it's VERY girly... it has plenty of pink in it! It's very soft too! When you don't have lots of money, you either can whine or you can get creative. She was wanting to sit in it before I was even done. I was pretty proud of myself... I will confess, it certainly is NOT a professional looking job, but, it will work. (The old cover, which is blue, is underneath, and this adds even more cushion.)
Last night, Ron and I went to Aldi's and Walmart... needed groceries pretty badly, and got stuff to make a poster of youth camp for our teen class.

Today, my parents and sister came over and we ate a big meal. (I was so glad it turned out yummy... and, that Ron helped clean the house up before they got here... not that it was all clean, but it was much better.) They brought me birthday presents (bath and body type of stuff), and a yummy, but very rich, cake.
Ron left a little while ago to trim a tree for someone. (He does some of this type of work on the side.) Then, tonight we need to study our lessons for children's church, and get ready for Sunday, the Lord's Day. My nephew is getting dedicated tomorrow, but I will not be able to go... so sad... but, I have to follow-up on my responsibilities at our church.

Just about 16 more days until my ultrasound! So excited!

No comments: