Tuesday, February 12, 2008

At my mid-night post

Regardless of what time my post says, it really is 12:30am. Gotta figure out how to fix that time thingy. I am, of course, up with my baby who is probably too full of caffiene to sleep! Bad Mommy! I indulged in Coke tonight, and am reaping the consequences... poor baby Hope! Plan to quit pop as of right now!

We had a really nice revival. The evangelist has an awesome photo-memory of poems! Joe Smith... yes, I know that there is more than one Rev. Joe Smith!... did a great job preaching... loved the banjo! I REALLY loved banjo music! Would love to learn to play one! What?! You can't imagine me playing a banjo?! I think it would be so much fun! Stop laughing! No, it's not the Coke getting to me!

I did miss the last service due to some painful stomach issue... not sure if it was flu or food poisoning, but it was not too fun. By the time the night was over, Faithy had gotten ill, too, and vomited big time! My girls cannot handle seeing others sick, so when Charity saw Faith vomiting, she vomited! It was quite the scene! I mean, my girls gag seeing Hope spit up! What a night! But, I did enjoy watching Franklin Bible Methodist's church service Live via Internet! I was touched hearing and seeing our names brought up for prayer! Thank you to all those churches out there who are regularly praying for us!

Guess what?! I officially began potty-training Charity today! She just turned 22 months today, and tonight I removed her diaper, and put on "big girl" underclothes and she did great. She wet probably 4-5 times and even did the other once, all in just a few hours time and all in her little potty... no accidents! Wow! I was VERY impressed! At bedtime, I put her diaper back on, for I am not ready to do THAT much laundry! You may all now applaud me for finally doing this, for I think she has been ready for a little while, but I felt too busy to do it!

Started a little pre-school book again with Faithy, and she is much more ready this time. It is cute, and not as overwhelming as the other book was. She did about 8-9 pages, and did fantastic!

I think Ron has been a little impressed the past couple of weeks, because I have learned how to speed-clean... I love the feeling of looking back and seeing how quickly my house can change... but, it also gets messy very fast with three little ones and a hubby... okay... yes, I make messes really quickly too, especially when I decide to do some huge meal or make rolls... I somehow manage to even get it all over me sometimes!

I wrote out a bunch of goals tonight, but I won't share all that with you. I love to write things out, but it seems I usually don't get it done... would really be impressed with myself if I stick to my plan! Really, I can't do it without God's strength and determination!

Well, I really ought to go to bed sometime tonight... so farewell until next time. Oh, and don't feel bad if you have this urge to leave a comment every now and then... I actually DO enjoy reading them, even if I don't get to respond.

Good night, y'all! Or, should I say "good morning"?

4 comments:

Charity said...

Ok, I'll post a comment! I think you had WAY too much caffeine!! This post reminded me of some nights in the dorm! :) Glad you are all feeling better! Keep smiling!

Anonymous said...

Wow - tandem vomiting. What fun!

Unknown said...

So sorry about the sickness. I can relate with the girls. I have a hard time cleaning up after my son when he vomits. I have to cover my nose and my mouth. Hope everyone is better.

Martha C said...

I have that "speed cleaning" thing down, too. :-)