Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Lovin' church

Well, we went to the Heartland Bible Methodist Youth Rally at Franklin on Saturday. It was really nice! So good to see the young people seeking God. Liked the evangelist... after all, he is our very own pastor! Praise God for the victories there.

Then, of course, we went to church both services Sunday, and Ron had the opportunity to preach for the first time since his brain surgery! He told the story of his cancer, and preached beautifully. God really helped him. It was a laugh and cry sort of sermon! His text was Psalm 23. Ron loves to preach!

Yesterday was the beginning of the revival at our church. I must confess that most services I spend much time in the nursery... but, I am sure glad that they have a speaker in there so I can hear while I care for my baby. Hunger seems to strike the babe often. She is big and beautiful, and I can hardly wait to catch you all up on pictures when I get my computer fixed or borrow someone else's. You won't believe how many times I have tried fixing the problem myself or tried to post somewhere else, but alas, all my efforts seem to be in vain!

This week, I have tried to step up to the plate and be a better wife/momma... except yesterday, I took it a bit easy. Monday, I cleaned house like crazy (my house gets messy fast). I was a bit proud of how much I got done! I think it was Friday or Saturday that I got rid of tons of clothes, some old toys, etc., and I wanted it to go to the homeless shelter, but hubby dropped it off at Goodwill instead. Oh, well! My closet is so organized now! Yeah for me! Last night, I started up a meal for today. We had homemade rolls, a venison roast, garlic cheddar mashed potatoes, corn (something Charity can't get enough of!), and Jello salad (I think that is what it is called when you put the fruit cocktail in with the Jello... I think it was the first time I had ever made it and it was yummy). Unfortunately, my rolls weren't as yummy as usual... the yeast and flour were expired, and I usually let it rise twice, but I only did it once this time! Oh, well, it was still good. You have to understand that I have cheated on cooking for a while, and you eventually get tired of leftovers, freezer meals, speghetti, sandwiches, and fast-food. I think my poor family was in need of a fresh homecooked meal! Well, I have been making some cakes, but that is certainly not a meal! Now, I have the clean-up to do!

I bought some neat books for a neat price the other day for my children. One was "A Little Girl After God's Own Heart" by Elisebeth George. I love her books! I also bought some educational books for them... Faith learned yesterday who the first President of the United States was... don't know if she remembers more than the "George" though. I also bought for 50 cents two books that were about a child with a sick parent and the other was about a new baby. Faith enjoyed them. I also got a DVD Bible... Faith is learning Bible stories fast this way... we are very choosy about DVD viewing, but hoped that this would be a good one. Well, the stories are cute, and most of the songs are okay, too, although some were too "rocky." The girls love it. I have been reviewing the Ten Commandments with Faith with hand motions and she is doing well. Her Sunday School class is learning them. I also have been teaching her Abeka's ABC Bible verses... I had quit for a while, so I have been tryin to help her remember them again... She is pretty easy to teach so far. Charity can remember the G verse "God is love."

The girls are suppsed to be taking a nap, and I am struggling to get them to sleep... since we have church tonight, I would like them to be rested up. My children are not fun to be around when they are tired.

Well, I sure do enjoy y'alls comments and thanks for your prayers. Ron is tired and suffering from minor side effects of the chemo... but, over all, he is doing well. Guess when that scan is that will tell us how all is going?! I believe it is on Valentine's Day! It had BETTER be a good report! IF all looks good on this scan, he has a HIGHER chance of cure! PRAY! PRAY! PRAY! He is still talking about preaching and doing missions work in the future and told me the other day that he is far from dying! In fact, he continues to reach out and witness now with much influence with God's strength and help. He goes calling, teaches Sunday School, helps pick up kids for church, helps family who are in trouble, and shouts and runs in church praising God for His faithfulness... no, Ron is VERY much alive! He can hardly wait to get back to work and in the swing of things! Yep, that's my Go-get 'er!

No comments: