Monday, April 20, 2009

Lost, fussy, and stitches

Let's say that I am glad last week is over, and I do wish I could change some things!

I wish I could say that I did not loose a child during IHC, but that would be a lie! It was very frightening to say the least! Fortunately, someone found her and brought Charity to the main desk! It only took a moment for her to disappear into the large crowd right before she was to be on stage to sing... I found her in time for her to join the Children's Choir, but Faith did not appear on the stage, which I was concerned about... just to find out that she never was in the choir, because some little boy(s) shoved her on the floor (so I was told) and she refused to go up on stage... so much for all of the hard work I put into dressing her up and trying to encourage her to go! Because they often left the doors open to the nursery, I had issues there too! Hope escaped without my knowing it, and a GBS student found her in the hall (having three children in the nursery with open doors was not easy! I was shocked to find she was able to leave without my realizing it... in the past, I have been tough on parents whose children were not under control, and would not even notice their child leaving them... but, I was humbled last week majorly! When Charity was found, I cried! But, because she kept trying to wonder away after warning her, she received needed discipline when we arrived home... if only she realized what could have happened if someone with evil intentions had found her! It still scares me thinking about it!

Hope has been sooo cranky... not sure why, but I am suprised at the displays she has been putting on... which I am quickly trying to put a stop to. She can be such a sweet, lovable, and huggy baby, but when she doesn't get her way, WATCH OUT! Don't worry, she will not be allowed to behave this way... it just is surprising to see a child with two such very different possible attitudes. She is in the "trying momma out to see if she means what she says" stage. Fun-fun.

Then, Faith had to be taken to the hospital Friday evening for 5 stitches. If you remember back about 16-17 months ago, she had fallen onto a coffee table and got a cut above her eye glued. We had removed the coffee table from our living room to prevent further injuries, but when we moved into our new home I wanted to put it into our living room... after all, what are the chances of the same accident happening twice?! Bad decision. My girls still love to dance in our living room, and, well, you guessed it! It is a wooden coffee table with rounded edges, looking very safe, but alas! Same spot above the eye, too! Sigh!

Life, isn't it fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun week!!! Everything turned out all right with my sister. Doctor said it was just stress.