Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thanks, Liz!

I am sooo excited! After searching on-line and thinking about the time, work, and money, that would go into bloomer-making, I decided to look around while I was out today. I looked at Good-will, and did not find what I was looking for... So, after picking up diapers for Hope in the baby section of Wal-mart (I gave up the cloth diaper idea a real long time ago!), I decided to see what was available... I checked the infant-toddler section... nope, not what I wanted... so, I go into the little girls section, and wa-la! I was very excited! They are called biker shorts, but look very girly... enough to be bloomers... little cute buttons gathering the sides... looks dressy enough to me to even wear under dressy clothes. I bought 4 pairs of white ones, but they also had black, etc. They were less than $5 each... a big difference compared to the prices I saw for bloomers on-line. Now my girls can feel comfortable in their skirts, not worrying that they are exposing too much of themselves while they ride bikes, do flips, swing high, roll in the grass, and act like little children ought to... and, without wearing thick tights that would over-heat them! Thanks, Liz, for the idea... I didn't realize that they made them like these that I found! Whew... one less sewing project! Yeah! If you are uncomfortable with your girls wearing these types of things, that's okay, but I am relieved to find them for my little girls and help them see the importance of being properly covered even while playing.

1 comment:

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Hey girl. This comment is concerning the IHC trip and losing your little girl. When Tricia was young we bought a leash and dog collar. We would put the collar around her waist and then hook the leash to it. We got a lot of stares everywhere and a lot of positive comments. It was better than losing Tricia in a crowd. We still have the leash and are using it on our dog.