Wednesday, May 26, 2010

These days...

What a busy past few days these have been! Saw my parents, sister, grandparents, aunt and cousin, had flat tire, Ron went to see the doc, and went fishing with some fantastic people. That was all in a two days time.
My friends have 6 children with another on the way... and, I hadn't seen them in a long time. Their children are so well behaved, obedient, well-mannered, and kind. They played very well with my children, and I hope we can get together with them more often. I liked the relaxed-ness of it all (did I just coin a word?). I have alot of confidence in this beautiful family!
I have an "issue" to take care of at my house... while we were away accomplishing as much as could be done in a two-day time, some critters decided to take over the place. Anyone else battling super-sized ants right now? Grrr.
By the way, I am looking for something we lost. If anyone out there we visited finds Charity's favorite doll she carries around, PLEASE let me know!!! We had it on our trip "down home", and the child was devastated not to have it in bed with her tonight. I actually am praying about it. She got it a couple of years ago when the Grace United Methodist Church loaded us with presents. She is a Dora the Explorer doll... maybe about a foot tall. She sleeps with it, bathes with it, and, it is kind-of a "real" little girl friend to her... a sort-of pretend buddy. I know this could sound silly, unless you are a mommy who has had a child attach him/herself to a toy or blankey or binky, then you would understand. She hasn't much seen Dora the Explorer shows, unless she has been somewhere else, she just likes the little girl she sees in her... has liked her for a loooong time. So, if you see her doll, please let me know, as Charity would really like her back... and, I would like to stop her tears. I certainly hope we didn't leave it at the place where our tire went flat. The toy is getting rather hideous looking with the matted hair, but, Charity doesn't mind.
Faith seems to love the country. She has taken a strong liking and interest in birds, and I am sure I need to give her a class this Summer on different species of birds. She is sooo interested in the music they make, their colorings, etc. She wants a pet Robin, and says she would name it "Chirpy." She was thrilled with the beautiful sounds of crickets, too. Does the body good, doesn't it? She has been growing up so much. She can roller blade, ride her "big" bike with training wheels... we tried it without, and she wasn't sure of herself, yet. She is VERY helpful to me, more obedient, creative, and LOVES people... loves to make new friends! She memorizes well, loves to give out tracts, eats about whatever I put on her plate (minus lettuce... we've got to work on that one), loves her pastor's wife to pieces... almost to the point of smothering her, and sees things black and white when talking about sin. For example, we passed the prison earlier, and we talked about how those people had committed a terrible crime and could even stay there all their life... she was concerned about the foreverness of it... she wanted to know what kind of bad things did they do, and she asked, "Like blowing smoke?"... which means "smoking"... too cute... we said "no, like killing someone." She has had a particular interest lately on the topic of smoking... she recently asked me if I had ever "blowed smoke." Glad I could answer "no." Whew, talk about being straight forward in her questions... she gets right to the point when asking someone about something she is concerned about... might even point out that she thinks you are having a bad attitude or wearing something that isn't right or saying words she doesn't think is good... she has done it to strangers before, and I am not quite sure what to say. We need to work on tactfulness, I guess.
Hope is growing and changing fast. She talks more, and she is becoming good buddies with Charity, although they do fight at times... but, they really love each other... especially when playing teeter-totter together at the park. They often sleep together, and want to be together. Hope is still a big eater. She is becoming a bit of a comedian, I think... she loves to make funny faces, and act funny. She loves music, too. Is a bit clingy to mama.
Well, there is a bit of a wordy update on the children. Hope to share pictures in the near future.

No comments: