Monday, October 25, 2010

Big weekend photos! Warning, some are a little embarrassing!

We had a BIG weekend this past week. Ron's birthday, the Conklin family reunion (my mom's parents... they are long deceased, but this represents their children and families), and Ron preached at a church in West Portsmouth again. By Sunday, the children were fit to be tied... let's just say I am really embarrassed by how they acted... but, we press on. I wonder why when it is a day when Ron is supposed to preach, that the kids get some crazy behavior. Sigh. I do train these children, by the way :) I wanted to cry. The other days, they did quite well, minus Faith's on-going stomach problem.

My poor family, I gave them no warning. I hope they don't shoot me for this! Above is my Aunt Janice. Below I totally caught Aunt Patty off guard as her thumb was in her mouth... it was sooo funny, we joked about it after I snapped the picture!


It was BEAUTIFUL weather!!!

These poor people, I just went around shooting random pictures before most of them even knew what happened.

Rachel, what were you thinking about? Brett, maybe?

I couldn't believe how much older my cousins' children were! They don't stay little for long.





There was a whole lot of food goin' on. There are some really great cooks in this family!






Dad even made it out to the family reunion.

My sister and me... okay, I just realized we both dressed in orange... must be the fall mood. You wouldn't believe the people who say we look alike... hmmm, what do you think?

Mom and me!


I think Wes' family was the only one not represented.




We popped in on Ron's Grandma with no warning!

I think this picture is cool for some reason.




Getting a decent picture with three wiggly children can be tough!





Ron with his Grandma. Ron had married his Grandpa and Mary. His Grandpa passed away a couple of years ago. We haven't visited his Grandma Mary in a loooong time. It was good to see her for a few minutes this weekend.


Okay, so I did tell you a while back that I was making table covers with burlap, so you will see some of that on here. I think it really bring out the autumn mood.



Decorating the top of my piano is fun. I used to like decorating the top of my fireplace at our other home, but my piano will do here.


I made this wreath last year. A year of storage did a bit of damage, but it is still usable.

My Mom gave me these little Indians. Cute. There are three of them, and this weekend just makes me think how those little guy remind my of my three little ones.

Cheap decor!

Outside our door.

I have been making rice sacks for us. The girls' were made out of these cute tights that were outgrown. The cuteness lives on as a comfort item. Just pop them in the microwave for a minute or so, and they feel so good to those sore spots, and also relaxing. It creates a wet heat, and I LOVE them!!!

Dad with the children. The leg that has no child on it is the one that has the issue. These are difficult days for him, but he is getting around a little with a cane. I enhanced the photo, so everyone doesn't look so pale.
So, there are more pictures of these autumn days to share, but I must stop for now. It was nice reuniting with some "down-home" family, friends, and church folk! Love to all!

No comments: