Thursday, November 18, 2010

It's a "Praise God!" kind of morning

I am overwhelmed with gladness and thanksgiving this morning! God has heard and answered my prayer! Okay, you are probably wondering what kind of prayer I was praying this time. Well, I actually requested prayer for myself last night as I have been stuck in a terrible dark cloud somehow and felt trapped. It is almost like Someone flipped the light switch on last night, and wa-la... the cloud is gone!!! I emotionally can see again! I think I have an idea what happened, too. I had gotten into a "Woe is me" cloud, and had gotten stuck. The longer I stayed there, the deeper I got... poor me this, poor me that... nobody cares... blah! I actually got sucked into that cloud, can you believe? It got to be a very dark time. Death, disease, resentment, unforgiveness, and hurt clouded my vision, and I couldn't see past it. Then, the light switch flipped on last night, and I am like... "Uh, I fell for that again?!?!" You see, I have gotten in these type of clouds before, and you would think I would have some sort of awareness of them, but they are very deadly clouds and they have a way of tripping up clear thinking. Praise God I can see again! It feels so good! I have much to do to get caught up on my journey now that I feel a bit behind after the dark cloud ordeal.
Are you feeling "stuck"? Well, my suggestion would be to actually ask some God-fearing and believing Christians to pray for you. It could be that you are stuck in a "me" cloud. I got side-tracked from caring about others, cause of that "me" cloud. It is really important to get out of that "me" cloud, so don't get comfortable in it... you weren't made to live in a "me" cloud, you were meant for something so much more! And, there is also the "what if" cloud that has a way of settling right on top of that "me" cloud and causing great problems with being discontent and not thinking of "whatsoever things are true." That "what if" cloud is bad trouble. So glad to be able to see it lifting!
It is a good day! Got lots to do today... but, it is a good day!

1 comment:

Dixie said...

Glad you are coming out of the "dark". It is no fun being there!
Hope you guys are all doing good. I like the new look to your blog.