Thursday, November 4, 2010

Okay, that's better.

Well, thanks to some encouraging words and hearing others having a difficult time with their children's schools, I think I am realizing that the grass over here really is the best. There were several things that when I had children that I had my heart set on. One was nursing them and thankfully I was able to do that for at least 13 months each. Another was homeschooling them. I was passionate about it. I started inquiring about curriculum when they were still in diapers, so that I would have a good idea about which was best for them. I come from a public school background, and it was new to me to do this homeschooling business. Of course, beyond those two goals for my children, was that they are raised in a holiness atmosphere, learn Scriptures, be respectful and obedient, learn music, and be happy, productive, healthy, and beautiful. More or less... be perfect. Ha! Somehow the last few years have worn my emotions out, and I have become a bit self-centered. Now, if someone will just slap me on the head and scream, "Enough already... every day doesn't need to have you planning life if... IF the worst was to happen. Cheer up, Lady! Where is that laugh you used to have? Look around you, you have a task at hand, you need to snap out of your grief mode, and do something." Smack! Oh, thank you!
Oh, for those of you in the Dayton area, we are having Revival at our church with Mark Cravens. It started yesterday, and I am already really enjoying it and it is speaking to me. Come join us!
Also, if you didn't get to hear Focus on the Family today... it is a good one. The second half is tomorrow. Check it out!
Okay, enough talk. I have a school, home, and day-care to run here :-) Have a good one!

No comments: