Friday, November 26, 2010

A Wonderful Thanksgiving

This has been a fantastic Thanksgiving time. I cannot say just how thankful I feel right now. I feel like crying for joy. Ron has even said how he thinks this was our best Thanksgiving. Sure, there were huge losses this past year in our family, but God has been really good to us. I feel like something beautiful in starting to happen in our home... a healing of our hearts. How wonderful that Ron did not have to wear a mask to Thanksgiving dinner this year and that he has a full head of hair. It is the first Thanksgiving in several years that we hadn't just gone through a crisis in our home. Yes, I am thankful for God's goodness, for my husband, for my children, our church, Ron's job, our home, our family members, etc. We are so blessed! As I look back through the past three Christmases, well, things looked tough, but God was sooo good to us! Between our church, Wesleyan Evangelistic, and Franklin BMC, Kenwood, Grace United Methodist, Apex, and many, many more, our Christmases were enormous!!! The children needed nothing, we had food to eat, we had enough toys to supply an orphanage, beautiful clothes for our children, and so much more! That first scary year, Grace United Methodist gave us soooo many gift, I don't think I will ever forget it! We had sooo many diapers and other things, I even got to share with others and were blessed through our abundance. I remember the money given by Franklin one time for a vacation, and we didn't end up having a typical vacation, but invested in some things that we could use to have little "vacations" as a family. I remember all that food they gave us, too! Whew! How could I forget? I remember that there were so many individuals and churches who supported us, that we were taken well care of. Most people who gave, I am not sure if they even knew us, or perhaps just barely, but they gave. Our church was unbelievable in their love for us. I feel I owe something to all you people, but I am not sure what I can do... I am still overwhelmed by it all! Maybe I always will be... for in the shadows of those dark days in our lives I know you were used by God to leave fingerprints. Those fingerprints would prove to me later that God never abandoned us. He wasn't neglecting us. He isn't cruel. His love is real, and His fingerprints prove that to me. Thank you dear friends and loved ones for all you have done.
This year is kind of exciting. You see, Ron is working!!! His can actually buy something for the children... we can buy food... we can pay bills... we can kiss without worrying that I might give him a germ that could set him way back... I don't have to touch him in the night to see if he is still breathing... there is no mediport or central cath to flush... and, I think I haven't heard my kids playing "cancer" for a while. I am so thankful. Now, before you get me wrong, Ron still has appointments (a bone density test in Dec) and still has pains, and I still listen in at night sometimes just to check here that beautiful deep sleeping breathing (or, occasionally, snoring). And, we are like you guys, often living from pay-check to pay-check, paying our bills, and trying to live debt-free. But, we have everything we need, and we have each other! What more could I ask for?
How happy I am! Thanksgiving was so special and I am looking forward to Christmas.
Don't tell the girls, but Ron bought a Patch the Pirate album for them... they LOVE Patch! They are going to want to listen to it right away, I pretty sure! I also found a child's Singer sewing machine at a thrift store in it's box!!! Oh, I know they are going to like it!!! I got a fantastic deal on it. I think I might sew some pretties for them for Christmas, too. I am soooo excited!
Giving to others who need to see a fingerprint from God is being considered right now, too.
It's a wonderful time of the year... full of tender memories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your post brought me to tears. What a kind and good Father we have. Rejoicing with you!! Much love.