Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Good News

Hey, Faith did fantastic playing the bells on Saturday and Sunday. I promised her a whole piece of gum each night if she did well. She played with great enthusiasism. Sorry if you missed it! She was the shortest child up there, although one girl was actually six weeks younger than her. It was so adorable!

I have been able to spend more time with the girls lately, and I am glad, because, well, they are great! Not to say they always behave, but there sure have been some funny moments the last few days. Today, they danced to some kid's songs and it was so funny, I just sat there and watched... would not have wanted to miss that for the world! You would have had to have been there. Then, the other day, while I was on the phone with a dear friend, Faith decided to use Daddy's guitar case as a slide, and I promptly stopped that activity... thought she might ruin it. Charity has been talking in whole sentences!!! She has been shocking me at what she can say!

Ron is almost done with the radiation treatments! Yeah for him! Second step almost done! With the surgery and radiation done, he will have the chemo to face, and we've heard good things about the effectiveness of chemo on Hodgkins. By the way, he starts that on Friday this week! He may only need to go in once every other week for that. It takes about four hours to do. I am glad that it is not an every day thing like radiation is. So is he!

Hey, don't be too surprised to see a welcome to the world post soon for the baby! I think it will be VERY soon! Yeah! I am looking forward to holding her in my arms!

Ron had a special day today. When he woke up, he arose to a fairly clean home, lots of clean laundry, and a love letter from yours truly. Okay, it really is amazing what one can get done when all of the house is sleeping! Another cool thing we got to do today is go out calling. This is Ron's heartbeat!!! He had such a great time! I wasn't able to get out of the car with him, because I had the children with me, but I sure had fun knowing that I was able to help him be a blessing. The people were even more responsive than usual, because they had been told about his illness. Amazing how all things do work together for good!

Thanks for all your prayers and notes!!! Have a good night!

3 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Glad for the good reports about Ron, we are praying HARD for y'all!

Glad that your little girl did a good job playing the hand bells. Hope your baby decides to come soon! I'm with you... I tried everything but stand on my head with all of my babies and they were 7, 9, and 12 days late!!! =) So, I'm just planning on having a late one this time. HA! BUT, I want this baby to weigh like his/her sister Sarah, 7.4, NOT like his/her brother 10.7!!! =)

Hoping y'all are having a special Christmas season, worshiping our Saviour and enjoying spending quality time together with your precious family.

Love, Heather and baby! =)

Belle said...

Sarah, I thought and prayed for you several times today!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you're having a good week. I thought the kids did an excellent job playing the bells. On Sunday night while they were playing, Mollie looked at me and said, "How am I doing, Momma?" It was so funny. Several people heard her. I'm also glad to hear Ron's treatments are going good. Have a good day!