Saturday, July 19, 2008

Have I ever mentioned how I feel about ironing?

My back hurts... you want to know why? I have once again mowed my grass, and I have also spent MUCH time ironing today! I am now taking a break. I have been trying to get ready for Youth Camp, which begins this Monday. We are bringing about 8 young people. Please, pray for the teens (and us!). We want to see God move in a mighty way! Getting packed, and trying to be sure that nothing is forgotten can be fun, and stressful! I am ironing before hand for a few reasons, but one is that camp is sooo fast paced that I don't know how we will squeeze in extra jobs like ironing.

I have cut several shirts' sleeves the past couple of days to make long-sleeved shirts into 3/4 sleeves... I am very happy about that! I have been busy at my sewing machine, fixing Ron's damaged pants, making 3/4 sleeves, and sewing up monster-splits in some of my skirts. (The pins I had in some of them were tearing the material, so I had to iron patches onto those areas.) It doesn't look too bad.

Worked alot on the office/schoolroom the other day... it is really starting to look like a K4 classroom, although it is very small... and, it also has Mommy and Daddy's work in it, too. I think she is a little too young to enjoy Daddy's Bible "Beacon Commentaries" and Mommy's "Elizabeth George" books... although she does have "A Little Girl After God's Own Heart." Anyway, I wish I could paint my rooms in happy colors like some of you do, but I rent! So, I will have to just decorate the best I can! Maybe I will post a picture in the future. Still haven't gotten to the library to upload pictures... life has been way too busy with playing with the girls and doing house projects! I am actually excited about starting school with Faith. She would love to start now, but I want to wait until August. I am using A Beka Book this year. She already can recognize a quite a few of her letters, does well with colors, shapes, etc., because we've "played school" in the past.

How can I get Hope to stop eating important papers? *Pause... while I rescue something*
*Okay, I am back.*

Here is the most exciting news! After I told Faith and Charity a flannel graph story about Jesus yesterday, Faith wanted to ask Jesus in her heart! I was delighted to assist! Charity wanted to do it also, and so I prayed with her too... not sure if she quite understood, being only 2, but at least she is interested. They "played missionary" yesterday (which consists of wrapping things around their necks and Hope's, too! Not sure what it has to do with being a missionary, and I wasn't thrilled with the idea of putting things around their necks!), and today, they were saying something about "drinking Jesus' blood," then they would take turns drinking this water they had... not sure where they got this idea either... Maybe it was like communion, or something. Faith said something to me yesterday about Hell... so I tried to explain to her about Hell being for the Devil, and that people who don't ask Jesus in their hearts and are not sorry for their sins, will go there too, that there is fire and people biting each other. Then, we talked about Heaven, and how there will be no sin there, no crying, that the streets will be gold, and we will be singing songs to Jesus... she asked if she could go to Heaven now. I told her that when she dies, or when Jesus comes back, she could go, but that Mommy wanted to keep her here until then... Pretty deep conversation for a four year old! The girls are still singing the songs they learned from VBS, even the Spanish one! Very impressed!

Well, if you don't hear from me for a few days, I am out basking in the sun... HA! (ie, YOUTH CAMP). Have a great week!

No comments: