Saturday, July 12, 2008

Just because I can...

I will share with you a bit of what I have been doing the past couple of days...

I sort-of let the house go, and had fun with my children... yep, got a lot of clean laundry waiting to be put away and a bathroom that needs scrubbing down, and the kitchen floor needs mopped... but, my girls have certainly enjoyed having Mama play with them. They have played in the pool, we have played Candy Land, walked together to the park and played, I have read lots of stories to them, play, play, play! They've played with Play-dough, bubbles, colored, watched Bible Stories (one of the very few things I actually allow them to watch), played "Simon Says" (okay, this did not go very well), they played outside some while I mowed my grass AGAIN (second time this week), helped Mommy "exercise" (the girls make nice weights! They love this!), and so on! Loads of fun! I am very happy about it, too! They are such cool kids! Yes, they still got into trouble, and we had to have moments of painful correction, but overall, we have had a really nice past couple of days! I figure, "Hey, I will always have floors to sweep, but my children are growing up way too fast, and I need to spend time with them while they are little... or, I am going to open my eyes one morning and I won't have little children climbing all over my bed anymore, they will be all grown up. They won't keep begging, "Mommy, will you hold me tight?" (SO CUTE!) Or popping out of bed, saying, "I forgot to give you a hug and a kiss." Or, a little girl pulling at the single hair growing out of my chin... okay, maybe I could live without anymore of that! You get the point! I love them, but I have been too busy for them... way too busy!!! I wanted my babies back, but I can't rewind time. I will just have to do better from here on out! I think I have nearly smothered Hope with kisses and hugs... my little baby! Yep, it's almost 1 am here, but I just thought I would tell you "I LOVE MY CHILDREN!"

Oh, I love my hubby, too! Afterall, why else would I have picked up over 50 earthworms *yuck* yesterday and put them in a container in my refrigerator as a surprise for him. (He likes to fish.)

We have also not missed a night of VBS this week! And, tonight, I may have worried Faith a little when I was trying to speak in Spanish and act Mexican during snack-time (VBS was Mexican this year)... I was trying to have fun with the VBS kids, and Faith starting crying... She actually might have been not feeling well... maybe she was dehydrated from all of the heavy playing outside today, not sure, but she was not excited about Mama's change of language. Overall, though, the girls had loads of fun, and learned their first Spanish song. Thank you, Charlotte Fredrick, for sharing the Good News with the children!

And... Hope looks like she is ready to start crawling very soon... She is loving rocking on her hands and knees (she just needs to figure out how to move those arms and legs). Seems impossible that she is old enough to do that already!

1 comment:

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

I was thinking the same thing today about being too busy for my girls. We have our Pastor and his family coming to our house this Sunday night and my house was a disaster. I needed to clean ALL day to get it done. But, the girls wanted to take a walk and to swim. So here I am at 10:00 trying to get it all done before bedtime. I'm sure I won't regret one moment spent with them today. Keep on playing. As everyone says, they will be little only once. Enjoy.