Monday, July 7, 2008

Just another week or so...

Yeah, right! I plan to share with you pictures and video clips of portions of this past week at a later time. I usually upload those at the library, because my computer is too slow for me to wait all day!

Since the last time I posted, many things have taken place. Yes, there was housework, grass to mow, children to feed, diapers to change, potty training to pursue, apologies to be made for a bad attitude... you know, the normal stuff we have to do. BUT THEN... well, I am trying to remember what I wrote about last (It is past mid-night here, and my brain is shutting down). Let's see. Well, the children survived their doctor appointments, even the dreaded shots. Hope ran a fever the night of the shots. The doctor did not think her nose was broken from the fall off the bed... but she did have quite the bruise and a bit of swelling. Ummm... oh, yes, the doctor had us go to Urgent Care after I told her about Faith's nearly choking on that coin. She wanted to be sure she had not actually swallowed any... don't worry, there was no foreign objects in her stomach. Hope was nearly 19 pounds. Charity may be a little lactose-intolerant. Faith and Charity are, I believe, only about in the 5th percentile in their height. Um... let's see... I guess the children are considered healthy... yes, I am glad that their check-ups went well... actually better than expected, since I scheduled all of their check-ups at one time so that I did not have to run back and forth to the doctor.

Tuesday, our family sold our bunk beds and went to the zoo. We didn't exactly need them, and the people we sold them to, really needed them! The trip to the zoo was a gift for Faith for her 4th birthday. Her birthday was today... or, maybe I should say "yesterday" since it is after mid-night. We did our trip on Tuesday, because of the good weather that day and some other days of our week were already booked for other activities. Of course, we don't do those things on Sundays. We had fun, although we were hot because I dressed the girls and myself in black and khaki... Did anyone say, "Uh, Sarah, black attracts heat!"? Well, we still had fun, and the children got a lesson on God's Great Creation.

Wednesday, Ron overbooked and was all over the place. What could the guy fit into his schedule? He had to pick stuff up at people's houses for a youth garage sale, do some jail ministry, etc. It was a crazy day for him... so much that at one point, he wasn't sure how he was going to get back home in time to pick the girls and me up for church. So, I started walking to church! Thank God that Ron actually was able to pick me up about 1 mile into my walk, I believe.

Thursday, I went to the store, and that evening, a young lady from church and I priced things for a youth garage sale.

Friday was Independence Day. We went to the Perkins' house and ate more than necessary. Then, that night we walked to see fireworks. I walked from my house all the way to Delco Park. The girls seemed to really enjoy it, except Charity kept saying, "I need to potty." Where does one come up with a potty when they are sitting at a park with people all around them? So glad she had a pull-up on!

We had a Youth Garage Sale for Missions on Saturday. We were able to raise over $300. It was exhausting, but worth it! After that, and after almost bursting into tears because I forgot to bring one of the ingredients to make Faith's birthday cake, I went and bought Faith a cake, and we had a quick birthday party. After which, Ron went to prayer meeting while I cleaned up after the party and watched the girls in the basement of the church. Hope had another fall because the high chair she was sitting in down there was faulty! The tray popped off, and I couldn't run fast enough to catch her! She was surprisingly okay... but, I wasn't! I was VERY upset! You see, right before that, I had gotten locked out of the church when I was throwing away trash, and all of my children were locked in! Aaaaugh! I ran and checked a few doors, and all were locked! So I tried ringing a bell and making some obnoxious noise to try to get someone out of the prayer meeting to let me in. My husband heard me and rescued me. By the time I got downstairs, the children were crying for me! My nerves were a wreck! After that, I needed to get back into a spiritual mode, because it was time to go for Saturday calling, before it got too late!

Sunday, the house was a major disaster, but we went to church every service, and cleared enough stuff off of the table so that we could have lunch! After the evening service, we went to visit Ron's parents for a while. We had not gone to their house for a long time. I was jealous when I saw how clean and beautiful their house looked. But, then, I had to remind myself that all of her children are grown. She does care for her handicapped son, Bradley, and she is amazing with him!

It is amazing that my little girl is four years old now! She is so beautiful and smart. She makes up the wildest stories you could ever hear, and she loves to sing and pretend she knows how to play instruments. I was looking at some pictures of her from the past few years, and, oh, how she is growing up so quickly! Once she was my 9 lb 8 oz newborn, so precious that she made me cry tears of joy when I first saw her! I want to hold onto her babyness, but I can't... it has slipped away. She is now preschool age. Oh, that time would slow down!

Faithy, my prayer for you is that you will be saved at a very young age and serve God always. Walk the way of holiness. Know your Bible! Make good friends, work very hard, lead others to Christ, be honest, don't gossip, be trustworthy, and follow God's calling on your life. If God would someday give you a husband, you had better memorize and live Titus 2:4-5 and take to heart Proverbs 31. I love you so much! I am very proud of you... I know I don't always act like it when I am frustrated, but you mean so much to me, and I am glad that God gave you to us! Happy Birthday! Love you lots and lots with sugar on top (this is something I say to my girls many times before they go to bed).

Everyone, have a good week! Hope to get those pictures on soon! Vacation Bible School is this week at our church, and if we need the bus... well, guess who is the only one with a CDL licence at our church! RON! I predict another busy week! Pray that some children get saved this week!

1 comment:

Constance said...

Wow what a busy week. It wore me out just reading it. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of everything.