Thursday, June 26, 2008

Two cups of coffee and a prayer...

That is what it took today to get me through doing an extraordinary large amounts of housework today! You would NOT believe the work I got done. Ron has been gone nearly all day, and it has been Jesus, the children, me, and my phone... I survived putting away an estimated 6 loads or so of laundry, mopping, doing a little dusting, loaded the dishwasher about three times, vacuumed, picked up loads of stuff off of floors, washed some more laundry (do any other moms have to wash blankets as much as I do?), cleaned the bathroom, and made sure the children had something to eat for each meal (even if it was cereal, PB&J sandwiches, and mac-n-cheese). Every child got a bath today as well, and I still have a little sanity... although it certainly was difficult to keep sane... here's quite a story...
Well, today I woke up to a BANG! NOT AGAIN! Okay, I should know better than sleeping with my baby, but that is how I actually get SLEEP! She feel off onto the hard-wood floor. Being the calm rational mother I am, I became very dramatic! I scooped her up and started my "Poor baby" cries, and tried to nurse her, but she wouldn't do it. She got sleepy... which REALLY made me nervous! Why can't a day go by without any drama? It turned out she must have landed on her little face because her nose is skidded up and bruised. I called the doctor's office, being worried her little nose was broken... yes, I am a worry-wart... but, my children have check-ups tomorrow, and they can look at it then. She is back to smiling and sticking out her little tongue when she is happy, and yes, I even did the pupil check and kept checking up on her in her crib during naptime because she took a long nap and I was afraid something would happen to her. I called my sister-in-law, who is an RN, and she told me what to do and to just keep an eye on her. My children are VERY precious to me, and that is why I am so dramatic when something happens to them... it seems someone is getting hurt everytime I turn around... you see, I ALSO had to call Poison Control today because Charity got into something she shouldn't have even been able to find in her reach and tasted it (yes, just tasted it, but I still was a little concerned), and she is fine. Why do they pick times when Mommy really needs to get work done to find things? So glad I caught her before she actually ate it!
They now have had their baths, dressed for bed, been given something to eat, those who have teeth, have them brushed, been prayed with, and are safely tucked away in their beds... Oh, how sweet and innocent they look when they are sleeping! I even got them to bed earlier than usual... sigh!
All in a day's work... yep, I think I am a nurse, teacher, housekeeper, laundry-maid, or maybe I am a slave... afterall, I don't get paid for it... Actually, yes, I do... Seeing my children hunger after Jesus and seeing my family's smiles is pay enough.
Gotta go and have devotions while it is nice and quiet! Good night!

2 comments:

Lisa R said...

What a day!! Glad everything turned out alright! It was so good to see you and Ron together at camp... Everytime I saw Ron, I was thanking the Lord for His healing hand on him.

Martha C said...

Oh, Sarah, you have the funniest way of retelling your "drama."
I am glad the baby is fine. Those moments are frightening!
Believe it or not, I finally posted. :-) All of my summer projects have left me little time for blogging.