Friday, June 13, 2008

Who would have ever thought?

TAKE ONE (Rehearsal)

Today, we had John and Janelle Manley over for a cook-out at our house! It was so very fun! The children played on the slip and slide, rode bikes, and played inside while it rained. Ron and I cooked a rather large meal, and we feasted! We had beef hoagies, grilled corn-on-the-cob, sweet potato cassarole, home-made macaroni and cheese, veggie pizza, chips, baked beans (dressed up by Sister Manley), and brownies! Completed with pop and iced tea made by Sister Manley.

TAKE TWO (More rehearsal)

Today is a special day for little Hope. This day marks her half year birthday! Can you believe she is already six months old? She is still so smiley and cheerful. Poor Brother Manley got some Hope-mess on him today... she is already a sharing child!

Tomorrow is a special day for Ron and me... OUR 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY (It is also his mother's birthday!) These videos are a reminder! It has been a rather busy five years, but it has helped us grow (in more way than one one... HA!).

Sunday is another special day... FATHER'S DAY! HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, DAD! GRANDPA! FATHER-IN-LAW! AND ALL THOSE FATHER-LIKE FIGURES IN OUR LIVES! I would also like the say that to my husband! He is the best daddy my children could ever ask for (besides our Heavenly Father). He loves our children sooo much, and they LOVE him!

DADDY

I have a special friend

Who holds me many days

Tells stories, plays, and kisses,

Loves me in many ways

He provides and trains

He tells me of Jesus

He preaches well

He prays for me

To go to Heaven, not Hell

He is amazing

He is my hero

Me he will not neglect

Though there be sorrow

One day he got sick

Perhaps he would die

But he praised God anyway

Saw my Mommy cry

My friend is well now

Strong he will soon be

He's funny and smart

He is tall as a tree

He will run again

He will laugh

I love him so

I can't say the half

I know he would give his life for me

My best friend's name... Daddy!

SARAH COOK (about her husband)

TAKE THREE!!!

Congratulations Cale and Faith! Ha! Oh, yes, there are reasons Janelle sings and does not play the piano at our church (she wanted me to tell you that!)

Yes, I am aware that I missed Mother's Day... So Mom... Here you go, too! I LOVE YOU! Thank you for praying for me and loving me! You have really cared! And, to my mother in law... thank's for all you've done... I love you, too!

Do you feel all the love today?!

Next week is camp, so if you don't hear from me for a while... have a great and loving week!

6 comments:

Missy said...

I absolutely love the videos of the wedding. lol! So cute. I loved that he was kneeling because she was so little. And the way she whispered was just so beautiful. Looks like they were having lots of fun. It is always so much fun to get together with friends. lv...

Unknown said...

The videos were too cute! Glad you guys had a good time. See you in a couple of days!! :-)

Constance said...

Oh, I loved those videos. They were adorable.

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Those videos are so cute!!! I love the last one when Faith says "I do." Poor kid has no idea what she has agreed too...lol. That is really funny. So glad you were able to have a great time with your friends. Tell your Mom hello for me. Love ya.

Dixie said...

Love the videos!

Martha C said...

Oh, these brought me some chuckles! Tell Janelle that the piano sounds a bit out of tune, so I doubt anyone would sound good on it. :-) I loved Faith's whispering of her vows, too.