Tuesday, June 10, 2008

REJOICE WITH ME!!!

TODAY PERHAPS MARKS THE END OF A LONG AND DIFFICULT JOURNEY! ONE IN WHICH OUR FAMILY HAS LEARNED MUCH, CRIED MUCH, AND FOUND OUT JUST HOW MUCH OUR PHYSICAL AND SPIRITUAL FAMILIES LOVE US! THANK YOU FOR STICKING WITH US AND PRAYING FOR US! RON HAS NOW COMPLETED CHEMOTHERAPY!!!

My dear husband is now home tired and pale (which is pretty typical after he receives a chemo treatment), and he is in bed... but, rejoice! From the resent tests results... THIS SHOULD BE THE LAST ONE! He made it! Praise God!!! Praise GOD! I told God that if He would bring him through, I would give Him the GLORY! Thank you, Jesus!

It is sooo funny at the cancer center, when someone completes chemo, they blow these party horns, blow bubbles, and cheer for the survivor! They also hand out a certificate. I came today to watch the chemo nurses celebrate RON!

I felt sooo sad for some new couples who came in today. The nurses were showing them around, and what goes on while one sits for hours being pumped full of the strong chemicals. They can read, have a visitor with them, watch TV, or sleep (Ron has used some of this time to sleep and witness to others). I felt a wave of emotions knowing that they have a difficult journey ahead, and that they were just starting. I remembered back to when it was new to us... it was scary and my heart was broken. When you would hear them cheer for others who made it, you hoped you would someday have that celebration. We knew that God knows best, and He would take care of us... we held on for the ride, and now the ride is slowing down and we are MORE THAN READY to get off!

He has another PET scan next month, and is supposed to have PET scans about every 3 months for the next year, I believe. Gotta make sure nothing pops up again. Today, I rejoice, because I still have my husband and my children still have their Daddy to wrestle with them! I love you, RON!

Oh, yes, thank you to the York Bible Methodist Church for the nice gift! God bless!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Praise God from Whom ALL blessings flow!

We are praising Him with you and rejoicing at this WONDERFUL news!

See you at camp!

Missy said...

Thank the Lord. I know that this is a happy day for your family. I am so thankful to the Lord for helping Ron and you all through this rough time. Praise the Lord...

Constance said...

Praise the Lord. I am so thankful that He takes care of His sheep. We are praising Him for what He has done for you guys. Wish I could see you at camp, but we will be in our Youth Camp at that time.

Unknown said...

Oh Sarah, that's wonderful news! Now you will be able to enjoy camp even more! Praying for you and Ron has become part of my morning devotions and will continue to be. I'm so happy for your family. I can't imagine the relief you both felt knowing that was the very last treatment!!

Anonymous said...

I am so relieved Sis to hear all is going great, wow it truly has been a long journey but we have been blessed walking with Jesus we have no regrets He is so good to us we must confess its been way but I'm blessed! Thats a song if you haven't figured that out by now but it fits perfectly! I love you sarah tell Ron that I am so proud of him! Give my little cuties a big hug and kiss from their aunt Rachel!

Anonymous said...

I do indeed rejoice with you, my friend! I pray that Ron has a long and healthy road ahead. Many many blessings to you all. Love you!

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

My heart is bubbling over as I read your blog and rejoicing for the wonderful God we serve. I'm so thankful for your great news. God bless Sarah and keep on trusting Him. I'm so happy for you and can't wait to tell my mom the good news. God bless. Love you.

Lisa R said...

Your update brought tears to my eyes... Sarah, you are such an incredible lady! Thank the Lord for His hand on you and Ron! I rejoice with you!!