Tuesday, June 24, 2008

If you wanna see pictures of camp...

here is a cool website with plenty of pictures of camp. I even saw pictures of Shenna and her children! There are some very good pictures of my children in Children's Choir, and Kyle in the Youth Choir (Kyle is my nephew)! Thank you to Ruthanne for e-mailing me about this. The website is http://photo.blsnelling.com/, click on church photos, then on the 08 Camp. Faith and Charity are on page 10. They are both wearing turquoise and brown with poky-dots. I am not sure that there are any close up pictures of Hope. If you look at some pictures of other years and camps, you will probably find old pictures of us at this same website! There are pictures of Ron and me as well for this year, but our children are cuter :-) The people with the double jogging stroller in the long lunch line is us! Anyway, I have visited this website before, but did not realize that they would have pictures so quickly! They did a good job!

Clap for me... I have returned to potty-training Charity, and I washed probably 10 loads of laundry yesterday, sent Ron to the store with a much needed list of groceries, and started a new rule with Faith that there is to be NO crying unless she is hurt... sooo tired of toddler whining! Today, I mowed my grass, folded some laundry, potty-trained, took a walk, made no-bake cookies, and moaned at the very messy house... and, the fact that I have a huge pile of clean laundry in the guest room to fold, hang, and put away... and, some have need of serious ironing since I just threw clothes out of the dryer into the guest room as I continued to wash laundry like a factory! Oh, how I love laundry after camp... NOT! Especially with the need to wash the blankets.

Today, Faith had a close call! I was getting the children down for their nap, when I heard Faithy scream! It was an urgent cry. I went into her room and saw coins lying on her bed, and little Faith with an expression of one who is about to vomit. I quickly realized she was choking on money! I snatched her up up, flipped her over (kind-of upside-down), and I think I slapped her back. It was a penny! I am not sure when it came out, but she vomited a little fluid, and I nearly had a heart-attack! I kept thinking... what if this... what if that... Thank God for His help and grace! He rescued my little girl!

Well, it is busy here and it is time to get the girls in bed! Gotta go!

2 comments:

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

I have been known to throw loads of clean laundry in a hamper (like I have now) with good intentions of folding it as soon as I can. This last load has been 4 days but you know what, I will get to it eventually. Don't let it stress you. This kind of "stuff" will always be there for us to do. You know that we moms never lack for work. So don't worry if the clothes lay on the bed for a while. Enjoy your girls and the good health of your husband. "Don't sweat the small stuff!" Tom always tells me that. I think he has a good point.

Martha C said...

You are a brave woman to take all those kids to camp. :-) Much braver than the person typing this comment. Ha.
The penny story is a bit scary! I am always afraid of my kids choking on something.