Sunday, June 22, 2008

WE'RE BACK!

...BUT I regret very deeply to say that although I had great plans to take pictures and make video clips of camp... MY CAMERA WAS FORGOTTEN AT MY CHURCH FOR THE WHOLE WEEK! I was sooo disappointed to not be able to share with you some pictures... so here is my plea... if any of you were able to snap a few pictures of camp, especially of our family, our girls singing in the children's choir, ANYTHING, would you please email them to me at sarahgbs@yahoo.com ? I would greatly appreciate it... I love to keep memories of my family's activities.
My nephew and nieces were great for me! I am sooo glad that they were able to come. They made lots of friends and heard good teaching! My children were much more difficult because of their ages, and they wear down terribly. I was embarrassed nearly every time I gave my girls a bath, Faith would be so tired she would scream about everything. The children's melt-downs were very difficult because it was in public, and I kept having to discipline them... but, overall, they had a blast playing and going to the children's services.
I had my camera at my church on Sunday for a Sunday School class craft (it required pictures of the children) and the teens also sang in their choir robes on Sunday, and I just forgot it there. I was sooo very sad to not be able to share with you our week.
The preaching and singing was sooo rich and beautiful. It was wonderful seeing so many friends again! Ron even SHOCKED people by his playing basketball and softball. Some people came up to me and shared how they just couldn't believe what a miracle they saw. Yes, it exhausted him, but I think it was good for him! (Minus his injured toe... it was infected before playing basketball, and someone accidentally stepped on it causing it to really bleed! Every little thing is big here!) Charity had some injuries, but I was told she didn't need stitches, and the nurse was right... I think her lip shall heal well. Poor kid, she just kept getting hurt over and over! Plus, she had some diaper prob all over a tweenager... I felt very sorry for the tweenager who had "Charity" big time on her shirt! I held Charity under the shower and made my niece run to get her a change of clothes! Oh, the joys of motherhood!
One of the sermons that really helped me was one about being Spirit-filled and staying Spirit-filled! It was SO RICH! The evangelists were Brother Peirpoint and Bro. Dan Stetler, and the musicians were the Sankeys, and they did excellent! Randy Brown worked with the teenagers, while the Blacks worked with the children. How I appreciated the ministry this past week... even the cooks did a good job. So many people worked to make this camp great!
Shenna, Ron's sister, and he husband stayed Friday and Saturday night. So my nieces and nephews went to stay with their parents then.
I am sorry if you missed it! Many memories were made and it was a pleasure to see those who have helped pray us through Ron's cancer and gave in sooo many ways!

On another subject... Yes, my piano from the previous post is really out of tune! I need to get that taken care of before my other children get married! HA!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sarah, it was nice to be with you at camp. I remember taking a couple pictures of Faith on the playground and I'll e-mail them to you soon. Glad you had a good time. We really enjoyed it too.