Thursday, June 5, 2008

Exciting days! With a lot of this and that again!

Sorry, no pictures this time!

I do like Summer time... as long as I have AC!
My children have a pool, and enjoyed that earlier today... but, now it is naptime, and they are sleeping beautifully. We've had sooo much rain with all of the storms lately, it is nice for them to be able to get outside to play! However, in the time they were out (although I did use sunscreen) they turned DARK! Martha, I thought of your recent post, but hopefully Faith and Charity's won't turn into a burn! It is supposed to get to 90 degrees out today!

Camp is coming up, and I am doing a brave thing... I am planning to bring my husband's sister's children with us! I think they will have lots of fun, make good friends, and grow spiritually! I am sooo excited! It is just a week and half away! Hope to see some of my blogging friends there!

Ron's final chemo is scheduled to be this Tuesday! Then, another PET scan is, I believe, scheduled sometime in July! I am sooo excited that we've made it through this, and it looks like Ron may be cured!!!

God has opened MANY opportunities for us to witness lately... through Sunday School, Children's Church, family situations, and even with several neighbors. It is neat to be able to share Jesus' love. It can also be a bit stressful. Today, our 94 year old neighbor was working in her strawberry patch, and fell in it. Mud covered part of her face. Ron helped her up, and we helped finish picking a large bucket of stawberries for her. She is such a sweet woman... often she has shared with us from her garden. She is a hardworker for being 94!

I have been extra stressed lately... not sure why, but it has made me a bit grumpy, so if I am short with you, please excuse me... I have been that way toward my family, too. Confess your faults one to another, huh? Ask my hubby... I have had to majorly apologize to him! Why is it that the people you love the most, you are the roughest on?!

Ron has been cleaning out our basement today, which has been a bit flooded. He is throwing out some ruined items. It is a nasty job! So thankful that he is willing to do it!

Ron bought me a double jogging stroller for $25 the other day from a flee market! I am so excited! The big tires help pushing to be much easier, although the front tire does not rotate!

Everyone is doing well here, and I am very thankful!
I have enjoyed the comments and emails!
Enjoy the rest of the day!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

It was nice to talk to you last night. I'm like you - I'm so excited about camp! You are a brave lady to try it this year with 6 kids!! But I'm sure your nieces and nephew will have a great time.

Anonymous said...

hey sis,
just thought that I would say howdy, glad to here that all is well with you all except for just being exceptionally busy!
Love ya,
Rachel

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

I found one of those jogging strollers at a Goodwill for $20.00. Tom loves the thing and uses it every time we go to church. We walk there becuase of it being on campus. So glad to hear that Ron is almost done with his treatment. Have fun at camp and yes you are one brave lady. Hope your week is smooth for you. Love Gale

Sarah Cook said...

RACHEL! You figured it out! Welcome to the blogworld! Love you, Sis!
Don't you just LOVE those deals, Gale!
Yes, Julie, I am sooo excited. I have been packing some today, althoug it is not even next week, but with the amount of people I am bringing, one must get prepared!

The Dickinsons said...

Sarah, I haven't had internet too often since being in the USA, but enjoyed reading some on your blog today. Thanks for your nice comments on my blog.

Constance said...

Crazy life! Isn't it wonderful. You are very brave for the extra kids at camp. Much more brave than I would ever be. Hope you guys have a great camp.

Anonymous said...

hey just saying Hi again thought I would check and see if there were any more pictures of my beautiful neices!
Love ya,
Rachel