Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Brand new?

Yes, we are alive and well; I was just hoping to get to the library soon to share some more pictures with you, but I have not gotten there yet. If any of my grammer or spelling turns out wretched in this post, the real time (don't pay attention to what the time says below... still haven't fixed that!) is 1:40AM. You say, "Sarah, what ARE you doing up at such an hour?" I say, "Why, I am writing to YOU, of course!" I had some housework to catch up on, and what better time than when all others are counting sheep. It is quiet, and noone is begging for my attention!

Now, today (or technically yesterday) HAS been a special day! You see, God has always supplied our needs so fully, we have never REALLY gone without... I mean, there were plenty of times I was not sure what we would do, but then God stepped in and took care of it. So it has been with even our furniture... we have mostly used furniture... other people's trash is our goods... no, really, people do throw away, or give away, very nice things sometimes, and we don't have a bunch of junky stuff. I actually like used furniture because we are so rough with it that I think I would be a nervous wreck worrying about all this "stuff" getting "messed up" if I always had to have the best or the newest. But, today was a special day... Ron and I actually bought something BRAND NEW! Okay, yes, we have bought some new bookshelves and a couple of years ago, we bought a new computer... but, today... I am so excited! Okay, you say, what is the big deal, Sarah, what did you get? BRAND NEW, I MEAN, FROM A STORE! HA! We bought a nice set of boxsprings and a mattress for a very reasonable price! I love income tax returns! I picked it out myself... you know, come to think of it, I wonder if perhaps this is the first time I have ever had a new mattress and boxsprings, not that this means I was deprived or something... I am not sure I really cared when I was younger. If you are fed, sheltered, clothed, and loved, you have much more than what many people have... and, I was! But, I just thought I would share with you my excitement! So, you say, why aren't you sleeping on it at this late hour... well, it turned out that they were out of stock on it, but it should arrive safely at the Cook home in the next day or two!

The girls are doing great! Faith has been making up whopping stories that I am not sure are her imagination or what, but it IS interesting to hear the things she says people do, and I KNOW that they don't! One was that her Grandma broke her bike! HA! Her bike is in the basement and I don't think any of her Grandmothers have any desire to try to ride her bicycle or tricycle. She even makes up stories about her "other mother" and "other father" and her "brother." I am not sure what she is talking about, because, of course, there are no other parents, but you could imagine the questions raised when she requests prayer at church for her "brother and sisters." Oh, what a three year old can say?! I have learned to ask her now what she is going to say prior to her testimonies and prayer requests! I am proud of her, though, as she is sooo interested in God and the Bible. I love seeing her pray and participate in church and devotions.

Charity is very glued to me these days. A mommy's girl, for sure. Perhaps, it is separation anxiety, but I feel velcroed to her. She is talking well, and she's a doll baby!

Hope is as happy a baby could be. I LOVE her smiles and "babytalk." She looks very well fed. I can't help but to just hug and kiss her so much!

Ron is doing well, and planning to return to work very soon. I will miss my 1AM chats with him. We have really enjoyed being able to talk to one another until the wee hours of the morning. I have learned even more about him than I even knew before. Ron has lots of stories to tell. It has been so fun to spend the extra time with him, but I am sorry that he had to suffer to get that time. Do pray that God will give him the strength he will need to work, as he is still doing chemo, and that is tough on the body.

Well, it is almost 2:30AM, so I really must go! Have a good night, or rather, morning! Don't forget to give thanks for all things, and I thank God for caring about everything! He has truly taken good care of the Cook family!

1 comment:

Myranda said...

Great post - very informative.

I know you don't know me, but our church has been praying for your family for weeks. So happy to hear the good reports.

I was at GBS for one year - and Ron was there at that same time, I believe.