Saturday, September 6, 2008

And... we all go marching on...

Been rearranging the girls' room today... really like it so far... doesn't look as cluttered. I took out the toddler beds and put in a twin bed. (The girls ask to sleep together anyway... so why not save some space?) Eventually, what I would like to get is a low set of bunk beds with a trundle underneath, so that all three girls can sleep in the same room without taking up much space. (Of course, Hope is too young to sleep on a trundle, but I think ahead.) A twin bed sure looks big when you are used to a toddler-sized bed! Faith, being four years old, probably ought to be sleeping in a twin by now anyway... although she is short for her age. You know, all the rearranging and lifting I do, may have something to with the muscle spasms!

The ultrasound of my thyroid is scheduled for Monday. I can hardly wait to get the lump off of it, as it gets old having food stuck in my throat.

Ron is canoe-ing today with the youth group. Sounds a little more fun than cleaning house, huh? But, a woman's gotta do what a woman's got to do... (hmmm, just thought... sure hope the girls don't open the lid to the trash can and see what I threw out... better get the trash taken out soon! Can't keep everything!)

I am so happy that Ron watched the girls for me last night and I got to go to the thrift store... a very special treat! I found a corner shelf (probably about 4 foot high) that was light colored wood for my living room, and black and white checkered glass bowl for my bathroom (which is in black and white), and a pair of black dress shoes with pink trim... very elegant, and looks like it was hardly worn! Well, I believe the total was less than $15, and I was very happy with my purchases! Then, I went to McDonald's and bought myself a large chocolate shake (which served as my supper last night since I was having the throat problem), which I ended up sharing the shake with Ron. Happy, happy evening!

I had a really cool devotional time the other evening that I must share with you...

Proverbs 3:8
"It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones."
What do I know about bone marrow?
It produces cells, particularly white blood cell which fight off infection. [Please, correct me if I am wrong!)
What is infection spiritually speaking?
Anything that is festered in our hearts or causes us to not have a healthy relationship with God.
What is the context of the above Scripture?
God is warning His child not to forget His law and to be sure to keep his commandments (vs 1). He says this will give us long life and peace (vs 2). He admonishes us to take seriously mercy and truth (vs 3). This is how we find favour with God and man (vs 4). He reminds us to trust Him and not our own understanding (vs. 5), to acknowledge Him in everything (vs 5), not to follow our own wisdom, but His, and to stay away from evil (vs 7).
Obeying God and trusting His ways is key to good spiritual health. In fact, we cannot live long without getting spiritually ill and possibly dying if we fail in this area. We must obey God to live spiritually... to go to Heaven, to have fellowship with Christ.
How's your marrow? Are you healthy?
Isn't it neat when you are having devotions, and something you have probably read too many times to count, stands out in a new way?!
Oh, sorry to all the plastic people out there if I offended you in my last post... ummm, now I am sounding silly, but my point was that I was removing my courage mask the other day to show that I was afraid and hurting. I felt like being a bit more open... so excuse me, Little Tikes Little People and Barbie dolls! Ha!

1 comment:

Constance said...

I have not been able to get on your blog for a few days because we have been on vacation. I was catching up and you have been quite busy. You are a great woman, Sarah. Many times you have very difficult things to go through and you always have an encouraging word to say. I am still praying for you guys. And may the Lord continue to help, guide, and strengthen you.