Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Contradictions

Do you ever contradict yourself?



Contradiction #1: Here I have been exercising and taking vitamins, etc., so that I can be healthier and loose the weight that I have quickly gained in the past few years. I am sore today, but proud of my hard work. I made veggie soup for lunch (a favorite of my husband), but then... I made fudge! Why do I do these things? I know that I can hardly control myself around my homemade cookies, bread, and especially fudge! It is torture to try... so I gave in and it was very yummy! Now, I need to do about 100 sit-ups!



Contradiction #2: I have been trying to potty train Charity off and on for a long time. She generally does fairly well as long as she wears her little Dora panties, but if I put a pull-up on her, then she goes in it like a diaper... but, of course, I don't want to deal with a mess if we are out, etc., so back on goes the pull-up... why? Because, I have been too lazy to make the 1001 trips with her to the potty when we are out... but, she is ready to be potty-trained; afterall, she is almost 2 1/2! So, I am trying to make a new commitment to stay as much away from the pull-ups as possible!



Contradiction #3: I KNOW that consistancy is the best teacher! But, with homeschooling Faithy, I have slacked because of the stress. Sooo... in the past couple of days... we have crammed several lessons to get caught up... poor Faith! She has had to learn her letter E and A, the short sound they make, how to write little e and a in cursive, the pictures that go with them, the e Scripture verse, practice staying in lines while coloring, all in just two days time. After my constant correction of her getting out of lines with coloring, Faith said something like, "Mommy, sometimes little kids color out of the lines." Thanks, Faith, for the reminder, but I still expect your to look at you paper while you are coloring! She is too funny! She actually is doing fantastic with coloring and with her other work... I just like to keep a little pressure on her to do her best.



Uh oh... I think Hope is playing in the potty...

Okay, I am back and holding the baby while pecking out my post... yes, I washed her hands! She has been getting into everything, and it seems that I am constantly plucking something out of her mouth! The other day, I found a tack from my rocking chair in her mouth!!! Talk about scary! Maybe I need to check that chair to see if any other tacks are falling out!

Contradiction #4: I ought to be doing housework and making sure my older two children are getting their naps... instead, I am posting on my blog! Well, I am tired of contadicting myself...
SO... GOODBYE!

No comments: