Friday, September 26, 2008

What would you do?

Been doing some thinking lately...

Here is something to think about...

What would you do differently, if you knew that, say... hmmm, at 4:13pm tonight, Jesus would be returning to take with Him those who believe in Him, have repented of their sins, and were following Him? Would you still do what was on your schedule for today? Of course, no one knows when He is returning... but, listening to the news and just looking at all of the pain around us, makes me wonder if it could be anytime.

I think that if I knew that Jesus was coming tonight... I would have to post it on my blog, email everyone on my mailing list, call everyone I knew... maybe even some I didn't know, hand out as many tracts as I possibly could, go door-to-door witnessing (maybe I would try to get a team together to reach more people), and witness on the streets! I would check with each of my immediate family and examine my own heart to be sure that nothing was causing a problem with our relationship with God. I would also call other family members to warn them if I wasn't sure where they stood in their relationship with God. That would be alot to accomplish in just a few hours, but I would have to give it a shot!

Sounds exciting, huh? It should be. Jesus' return is exciting... for those who are ready, that is! I mean, wouldn't it be nice to be with Jesus forever, no more pain, tears, no disappointments, no rejections, no sickness, no lies, no crimes, no financial crises, no wicked leaders, no killing of millions of little babies, no monstrous storms, no terrorists, no abuse, and no starvation. Heaven is a place to be excited about. There is no financial problem there... the very streets are gold... jewels are everywhere, gorgeous mansions, everything lovely! Most of all, Jesus is there! Strange that so many people turn away this opportunity... after all, it has been paid in full... what are they waiting for?!

Missions Convention starts tonight at our church... HURRAY! As a "missionary" myself (Ron and I have the call... but, right now, our mission field is here for obvious reasons), I just LOVE Missions Convention! Okay, to be honest, I get a little jealous about the missionaries... I mean, there is no more exciting job in the whole world than leading people to Christ! I especially LOVE seeing my own children falling in love with Jesus! I am really looking forward to the day when I see certain people on my "high priority" list, give their lives to Christ!

Yesterday, I actually took time to write practically every teenager in our youth group... that was alot of work, but I hope it encourages them. I sooo want to see them get right with God, and follow His plan.

Yes, I still have my day to day jobs to do... cook, clean, homeschooling, potty-train, bathe, feed, and dress children, encourage my hubby, nurse baby, even exercise, etc., but it is fun to do some outreach when possible!

Prayer request: My 94 year old neighbor, whom my children dearly love, has been in the hospital... Pray that she will believe in Jesus as the Son of God, and that she will repent and give her life to Him before she dies. I have tried to witness to her by talking to her about God and doing a few things to help and encourage her. She is a dear lady, and one who is on my priority list!

Let us not be ashamed of the Gospel!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Hi there....just dropping by your blog. My husband (George Gidisa) and I went to school with your husband Ron. What a wonderful thought to see Jesus face to face:) Some days it really seems like the lasts days are so close with the economy and food shortage. Have a blessed day!