Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Night Season

Today, an old hymn rings in my mind, as it says something like (I can't remember the name of it right now)...

Some through the water,

Some through the flood,

Some through the fire

But all through the blood

Some through great sorrow

But God gives a song

In the night season

And, all the day long



At first, I was afraid of the crazy news I received from the doctor last Wednesday... but, although I am concerned, I feel more calm... that is NOT to say that the news is good...

I had an ultrasound of my thyroid on Monday, and received the report Tuesday that the mass on my neck is firm (unmoving), and solid (not a fluid-filled cyst). With this news and my symptoms, they requested a biopsy ASAP... which is scheduled next Wednesday (not my idea of ASAP!). What an interesting week... Ron being in the midst of his 2nd round of intense chemo, and me getting news like this... what a twist! Oh, yes, in case you were wondering, the measurements of this thing is kind-of about the size of a quarter... 2.78 cm by 2.24 cm by 1.60 cm. You would think that I would not have ingored a lump THAT SIZE! But, with everything that was already going on, well, I just hoped it wasn't a big deal... and, that maybe it was my imagination. Sounds silly now that I think about it.

The children are fine... They have been saying such cute things! We were singing as a family together (at our home, of course!), and song was saying "He washed my sins away", and Faith stopped and said, "What are sins?" Open door #1. Then, the other day, I was reading her a Bible story, and she asked, "What time is Jesus coming back?" Open door #2. I was sharing with her one evening about what Jesus did for us, and she asked, "How does Jesus come into our hearts? Does He have to break our hearts?" Good question! Open door #3. Thank You, Jesus, for opening doors to share Your Word with my children!

6 comments:

Belle said...

Sarah, I will be praying for you this week!!!

Dixie said...

Wow, Sarah... I've been thinking about you a lot and praying for you and Ron.

Unknown said...

I enjoyed getting to talk to you at church last night. Your girls are so cute and I love watching them. Please know that you're in my prayers today.

Martha C said...

Good grief, Sarah, you'll have me on pins and needles until I hear your doctor's report! :-)
Been thinking of you. . .

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

You really know how to keep us worried girl...lol. Keep us posted. Love ya.

learning to lean said...

Sarah hunny we love you and are all praying for you and the family
Brenda