Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Home Sweet Mobile Home!

I DO love my mobile home, but the place is a disaster right now! Ron and his dad just brought in the last load last night; so.. we are moved in! Oh.. but, we are NOT settled in! We are forever indebted to his dad for packing, loading, and helping Ron move stuff day after day. Ron worked from very early morning till night... his job, radiation, moving, ministry, etc. What a wonderful husband who deserves a vacation now... but, instead, there is more work in getting things settled and in repairing the floors. I don't know how he does it. I had one day of waking up before 5 and going until late at night, and I felt exhausted! I love my 8 hours of sleep... actually, that sleep is often a broken 8 hours, of course, with getting awakened by a little one who is afraid, or in the bathroom, or climbing into my bed, then sometimes I get up with Ron to have devotions and eat before he goes to work, but then I like to climb back in bed until the girls wake up and start saying, "Mom, it's light outside. Wake up. I want cereal with milk." Then, my broken sleep tries to tell me that I haven't had enough sleep, I moan, lay there for a bit, then, force myself out of bed, just to start another LONG day of working on the trailor, sorting stuff, getting rid of what is not needed, feeding little mouths, finding things for little ones to do so that I can get through the mountain of packing boxes and bags, etc. Yep, it should all be unpacked and looking like a home by the end of the week, but then, we will need to get started on the floors. When it is all done, it will be beautiful, and we can go back to our regular schedules of preschooling, playing with children, cooking NORMAL meals, doing regular housework... that sounds nice! I am really looking forward to it!
Our phone number has changed, so if you call our old number it should tell you our new... I just have to find my phone stuff and get it hooked up today. I will not give out our number and address on this blog because of obvious reasons, but just call my old number, or ask my mother if you are from "down home", or talk with me tonight at church if you attend there. Teens and bus kids, you may continue to call our cell phones.
Well, I have a full day ahead, so I must be going! ***Oh, yes, that toe nail is coming off. Yum!***

1 comment:

Missy said...

Wow...you are a busy woman. I am sure your trailer will be beautiful when it is all done. I have never had to move, but can't imagine trying to pack everything into boxes and totes. I have way too much stuff. lol! Hope your toes don't suffer any more through all of this. lol!