Saturday, February 14, 2009

Winds of change...

Well, this HAS been an interesting week!
Wednesday evening brought in a wave of emotions as I could hardly control my laughter at church. First, I was talking to a friend about our floors needing repaired, because her husband may help repair them... I was telling her that any day except Sunday was fine. She joked that if we fell through the floors on Sunday, then we would want them to fix them on that day. Then we were talking about people falling through weak flooring, about working on Sundays, and I said that would be really an ox in the ditch... you just would have had to have been there! She said I was calling her an ox, I said I was referring to myself... I guess it isn't as funny if you are not there.
Then, another friend of my family asked me a question, but I could not understand what he was saying, it sounded as if he were asking something not very appropriate, but in fact, he was saying something totally different... but, another friend of mine heard him, and thought it sounded like what I heard... it is not appropriate to put on my blog, but the poor guy has a strong accent and when I finally understood his question, I could not control my laughter!
Then, I accidentally clocked my husband with my daughter's boot at church... poor Ron had a knot on his head! I would love to tell you the whole story, because it is VERY funny, although I did feel badly, I laughed harder than I have in a VERY, VERY long time!!! In fact, I continued to laugh about the boot throwing scene until we reached home! I could hardly breathe! It was a crazy evening! It was fun stepping out of the serious zone!
When I reached home the laughter stopped as I realized the heavy winds that had been in our area had knocked out our electricity! It was a cold night in our trailor! Ron went to work the next morning, and I was unhappy to see that I was stuck in a cold dark trailor with three little girls to try to keep warm. But, Ron contacted his family, who rescued us and we stayed at their place... now we are home, and looking at the mountain of work ahead. But, it was a nice break to get out of the house.
We got our income tax return Friday, and paid 40% of our trailor off! We hope to have it all paid off the next income tax return! What a provision of the Lord! He knows our needs and has not forsaken us! We may not have the newest of vehicles (it's a 92, I believe!)), the biggest home (although our mobile home is not really small), or the fanciest clothes (I do try to dress my family nicely), but we have everything we need and more! I pretty much feel rich! We've also got awesome friends and family who love us!
Moral:
1. Life might get windy, but it can't knock out God's power.
2. Laugh! It does the body good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know, I love reading your blog. You make me laugh. I'm laughting and I don't even know what the man said ;-) and I can just see you in the car laughting, so I'm setting here laughting my head off with you about Ron with a knot on his head.Laughting is good for the soul. And good for the stomach musceles) I know i spelled that wrong. And boy do I need that!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

sorry, i forgot to leave my name. Theresa Ayars,