Saturday, February 21, 2009

Rollercoasters

Emotions- are tricky things... and, I have had my share recently.
Moving- is quite the job... the more I clean, it seems, the more things get messed up.
Health- the more we fight to be healthy, it seems to fight against us.

Yep, it has been a BUSY week at our home with floor repairs, unpacking, painting, putting up new border, getting rid of stuff, throwing out lots of trash, you know the routine.
Can't put everything away until the floors are finished, but it is making progress, and it is going to be a beauty when it is all complete. I do like my mobile home! There is a park here for the children to play at with swings, slide, teeter-totters, and a merry-go-round. I think it will be a nice place to go to when the weather gets better.
We are sooo thankful to my brother-in-law, Larry B., and family friend, Jimmy H., who have put in MANY hours of work in getting our floors repaired. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!
If anyone has tried to call my cell phone in the past week or two, you may have realized that I have not been returning your calls... it is not because I have a problem with you, but my phone got lost in all the stuff! Ron found it last night, and it is in the process of being charged!
I had quite the scare this week. Faith said she was doing summer-sauts (sp?) on my bed, and she fell off onto a paint can, and got a large knot on her head. A day later, she developed bad headaches, chills, upset stomach, and fever... I called the doc last night, but she thinks its the flu. I was concerned that there was a relation between the head injury and fever and bad headaches, but the doc didn't think so. There have been some folks at church that have had the flu, so maybe that is it... poor Faith... she has been so pale, and seems spaced out at times. I just keep giving her medicine for the fever, and doing the things mamas do for little sick ones... chicken noodle soup, 7up, popsicles, providing more time for napping, vitamins, etc. I had a nasty headache last night with an upset stomach, but no fever... I don't have time to be sick!
Well, family is needing me, so I had better go. Hope to get pictures on here when I get more time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah,
Please keep a close eye on her. If the symptoms persist she may need to get a CT of the head to rule out any brain tissue damage. Some of the symptoms she is experiencing can also be caused by the above stated. Keep a close eye on her especially since she has been listless as well.

Sincerely,
a concerned
nurse

Sarah Cook said...

Nurse,
I was VERY concerned about that! I wanted the doctor to have her go to the hospital, but she showed little concern!

Unknown said...

Sure hope Faith is feeling better. Bryce has been sick too. I'm ready for the flu season to be over!

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Hope Faith gets to feeling better. This sickness is all around. My kids have been sick too. We can't seem to get over it. Tricia is home again today from school for fever. Really congested too. I just keep holding on to faith that she'll get better soon. Glad you like your place. It's so nice to have a place of your own. Enjoy!!

MaggieBrown said...

Illnesses can sure turn everything in a household upside down. I have a recommendation for you. I haven't been sick in over a year because of a mom-invented and drug-free new product for kids called Germy Wormy. It helps keep kids from spreading germs- it's priceless!

http://www.germywormy.com

Give kids a PLACE to give their germs to – instead of you!