Monday, February 9, 2009

Just stoppin' by...

Took Ron to work this morning, so that I could clean at the old house... our phone is not being switched over until Wednesday, so this old house is where I get to check e-mails, etc., until then. We are probably 90% done with moving. What a job it has been!
I love my mobile home, and am looking forward to having the floors in the two rooms repaired... hope it gets done very quickly. Ron may try to do it himself to save money. The guy has been working like a mad man! He has his regular job, plus radiation, plus moving, plus teen and children's ministry, and still manages to do things with his children!!! He had to be on anti-biotics for a few days. He didn't want to go to the doctor because he was sooo busy last week already, but I KNEW he was sick, and NEEDED to be treated because of his immune system not being a normal one... so I threatened my poor husband, and he called the doctors and got some anti-biotics without having to make an extra trip to the doctor. He seems MUCH better!
We went to a youth rally Saturday night, and we had 22 people on the little short yellow bus... it is a joke in our youth group about our bus. Then, Sunday we had a nice group of kids in Children's Church... right now I am a temporary director, I think. I have been organizing people to teach Bible stories, object lessons, songs, games, skits, crafts, snacks, and even got someone to act as the Children's Church accountant... it is working out nicely. This week, we had a few kids that we not very easy to work with... a few who kept trying to escape the class. That was rather frustrating, but most of the children were great... and, the workers are wonderful. In April, another family is rotating in for 5 weeks, which would give me a break. Our regular CC teacher in doing her internship for college right now, and cannot do CC right now, but she still helps out. CC takes alot of work, and it helps to have many hands.
Not sure what is going on with Faithy, but she had diarrhea all night. No fever though. My guess is it is food related... she said her stomach hurt yesterday, but sometimes she says stuff like that when she wants to get out of something, but this was the real deal.
Hurray... this is going sound gross, but I had a black toe nail and the toe was all swollen and sometimes hot to the touch (this is NOT the same toe injury that happened with the kitchen chair, this is the opposite foot, and the big toe), I did this while cleaning a friend's sidewalk over a week ago, and I stupidly kicked the thick ice... anyway, the pressure in this thing was horrible... and, finally yesterday, it started bleeding and released the pressure. What a gross thing to write on my blog!
Baby Hope "prayed" for the first time yesterday. It was sooo very cute! My friends, Amy S and Amy L, were there to see the precious moment. I showed her how to bow her head to pray for her food. She bowed her little head and jibber-jabbered, and it was sooo sweet! She also blows kisses, and hushes people with her little finger to her mouth and saying, "shhh." She says hi, mama, dada, and dye (bye). If you compare Ron's baby pictures with her, she looks ALOT like him!!!
Well, that is a little summary of what is going on with our family lately.
Until next time... Watch your toes!

2 comments:

Pastor Roger and wife Rachael said...

Can't wait to catch up at camp! Thinking about you!
Your Friend,
Rachael

Missy said...

I am so sorry to hear about you kicking your toe again. lol! That had to hurt so bad. You need to start wearing steel toe shoes. 8-)