Thursday, October 21, 2010

Happy 35th Birthday, My Love!

Tomorrow is Ron's birthday, and it will be the 1st birthday in recent years that he has not been in or at a hospital. Woo-hoo! Three years ago, I think he was going for a diagnostic test... maybe the biopsy, I think. Two years ago, he went into The James on his birthday for his first stem-cell transplant using his own cells. Last year, he was LONGING to get out of the hospital for his birthday, after his double umbilical cord stem cell transplant. This year, he belongs with us, his family! We cannot really afford to give him a party or buy a nice present, but I think being out of the hospital is pretty exciting. The kids are going to make him cards, and I might sew something special for him... someone told me about something that I think would be neat to make for him and each of the kids... cool thing is that it is not a difficult thing to make. I plan to make a cake, too, and have the house looking as tidy as we can manage (that in itself can make a hubby smile).

Now, on to the 35 reasons why my love my hubby:
1. He loves and serves Jesus (not half-heartedly).
2. He works hard.
3. He provides well.
4. He is protective over his family.
5. He is a strong man in so many ways.
6. His smile and laugh are sooo cute.
7. He is handsome.
8. He loves his family.
9. He is a man of prayer.
10. He is a man of faith.
11. He dreams big.
12. He likes to purposely spend time with his children.
13. He in faithful to tell the children stories from the Bible.
14. His beautiful blue eyes.
15. He does very well at balancing time spent at work, in ministry, and with with family.
16. He puts up with me.
17. He bought me a rose for Sweetest Day.
18. He calls me often while at work... he seems to have an addiction to me.
19. He is a holiness man.
20. He is a man of conviction.
21. He has children that can just about go crazy when he comes home.
22. He took me to Taco Bell after church last night, just cause he knew I needed to socialize (other church folk showed up, as well). You might have to be a mama to understand the need for outside of the home conversations... like a breath of fresh air, it can be!
23. He supports me in that I am the teacher of my children.
24. He works hard to keep up with bills so that we don't get behind... and, he keeps us out of debt.
25. He preaches well.
26. He cares about those in jail or hurting.
27. He does well keeping up with calling.
28. He likes to take his children fishing, etc., and make special memories with them.
29. His children adore him.
30. His big hand holding mine.
31. He's so cute when he plays the guitar at home with his kids.
32. He can fix things.
33. His phone calls that say he can't wait to see me when he gets home ;-)
34. He is forgiving, giving, and living :-)
35. He's MY husband!

I love my big guy! Happy birthday, Ron!

No comments: