Friday, November 23, 2007

Off we start...

Well, we went to Ron's parents for Thanksgiving, and had a really nice time! They have been a BIG help to us these days!

Ron started radiation today. He is to have ten treatments, then start chemo if all
goes as planned.

Something neat in all this is that several family members told Ron that they will be at church Sunday morning... aunts, uncles, cousins, in-laws, etc... Wow! All things do work together for good! The group may take up several pews! That is so wonderful! Some of his family already attend church, but MANY, perhaps most of this croud does not. This will be a special Sunday morning to Ron as he has prayed for these loved ones for so long! Please pray that God's presence will be so near!

I began decorating for Christmas this afternoon. It was kin-of fun, but the girls kept wanting to eat the candy canes off the tree, so I had to adjust my decorating as to spare my children from enormous temptation.


Anyway, I sure hope everyone is doing well! I sure do appreciate all the cards, calls, and love that has been sent our way. But, nothing compares to the power of prayer. Just tonight, Sister Ada Hobbs called and prayed with Ron over the phone, and he was deeply touched. I tried to pray silently where I was, but it was a little difficult because of a couple of little people in my house, but I felt so much calm and peace in that time... So, for those who aren't able to come and do things in person, please don't feel bad, just please pray... it is the most powerful thing you can do anyway!

By the way, here's a mom story for you. Okay, I have been feeling deeply disconnected with my children, and I long for that family bonding again... but, anyway, I tried to do fun things with my kids this afternoon... but, it turned out to be a very interesting time. Earlier, while I was "trying to catch a nap" (Ha!), I had to get up because I couldn't sleep. I came into the dining room, just to discover that there were major drawings with marker on dining room carpet... Aaaaugh! So the three year old artist got in trouble, and Mommy scrubs carpet. Fortunately, the markers were washable! Later, THE SAME ARTIST was using water colors, and Mommy warned her to be sure she only painted in the coloring book on the children's picnic table. Later she calls me into the kitchen to show me what she had been doing... Guess what is was... yep, the artist had decided to paint the wall! I was dying... this time, the artist received a painful lesson to obey, and not to paint, draw, etc., on anything but paper. I hope she remember that "lesson" for future reference. Fortunately, she had painted on the part of the wall that has slick paint, and it came off. I am glad the clean-up was successful today, or I would have alot to explain to my landlord! What a day!

Well, guess I had better try to catch some Zs while I can breathe! Good night!

No comments: