Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Come, Baby, Come!

Would love to hear from you, mamas, what tricks you have used to try to get your baby to quickly arrive. Oh, the tricks I have tried! Faithy would not come for anything... even for the doctor when they tried to induce me. With her, I tried hurrying up and down my church's stairs, doing jumping jacks, and a few other things to bring on labor... for I had high BP with her, as well, and I was HUGE! She just would not come! Not until she was 9lbs 8 ozs anyway! Then, with Charity, the induction worked... High BP again... but, the three week early baby did not look like a three week early baby... 8lbs 0.2oz. Now, I am 35 1/2 weeks, and I am sure my baby is the size of most "normal" sized babies... and, I can hardly wait! So guess what I have been doing... well, in just the past few days I have put up Christmas decorations, cleaned house like a mad woman, raked "mountains" of leaves, brought up baby clothes from the basement, took my children for an outing, lifted my children in and out of the van numerous times, ran lots of errands, washed tons of laundry, went to church each time the doors were opened, went to lots of doctor's appointments, etc... but, baby is still safely tucked away in her nest. Oh, how much bigger can I get?
Oh, by the way, for those who enjoy free or cheap outings, this is what I did with my gals. After going to my doctor's appointment with me, which turned out to be a little wild, we went to BK playland... I spent five something and fed both girls and me, then we went to the pet store and let the girls look at the animals (they loved this!), then, we went to the library (okay, that was not as fun... they were not very library-behaved). It has been interesting these days! Gotta have fun!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Well, we don't know each other but I believe you commented on my blog a while ago and I have enjoyed checking yours! Our prayers are with you and your family as you go through this tough time.
To try to convince a baby to come on their own a little early? Good luck, I could never get that to work, with my first one I tried castor oil, I drank the WHOLE bottle and NOTHING happened! Mine come in their own sweet time, they were both 4 days late and both born on Friday. You will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers!

Dixie said...

I've been praying for you all and thinking of you often.
Carson came when he was ready, 3 days late. None of the tricks that I tried convinced him to come early.

Stephanie said...

Sarah - We have been thinking of you and Ron and are continuing to pray for you guys! We'll pray that baby makes the grand entrance soon, too! Maybe try Chinese food...I read that somewhere!

Unknown said...

"They come when they're good and ready," is what a midwife once told me :-) I just hopped in from another site today and want to add my good wishes. Sounds like this babe is coming into a great and faith-filled family. Hope all goes well with the birth.