Thursday, October 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, Ronald Steven Ray Cook!

He's still in the hospital because his counts have been dropping, but the doctors are talking today like he just might get out early next week IF his counts stay where they are right now or go the right direction, but if they continue to drop, well, I might have to keep holding the fort back home. He is doing so well right now, and the doc even told us today that our children may come to visit outside of the buildings! Not sure if we will take him up on it, but it sure was nice to hear!
My man is 34 years old today. I am here at the hospital with him right now, but it has been since last Friday since I had seen him. I brought his presents today, and yesterday, his mom brought a cake.
I have been been at home with doing some school with Faith, rearranging a few rooms, cleaning, and playing games with the girls... and, of course, talking on the phone to several friends and family members. Faithy was concerned that daddy might not recognize his home when he got back because I changed it so much. It is amazing the things I found under the furniture when I moved them! Today, I washed lots of laundry... sure smells good!
I am so excited about getting Ron home early next week if his counts are good... he is so bored sometimes here, but he has been listening to holinessmusic.com and it has really cheered him! Sometimes I think he listens to it from morning till night just about. What a nice resource for him to plug into!
I forgot to tell y'all that the other day I got a surprise when in walked my good friend from somewhere south of here :-) into our church and got right on the piano like she had never gone anywhere. It was so nice to see you, Martha C! It was so special to get to visit with ya!
Right now, my children are being babysat at our house this evening by their dear piano teacher, Darla Stroup. What a special treat this is... I was starting to cry because I really wanted to see Ron on his birthday, but some of favorite babysitters were already scheduled for something today, and the possibilities seemed to be dwindling, when Darla gladly offered! It was really a sacrifice, because she lives quite a ways away from my house... but, we feel very comfortable with her being with the children... and, are so thankful. Thanks, Darla!
I am really struggling driving lately, I get soooo tired, that it is a real battle. I am developing a real sympathy for single mommies... it is so hard to keep up! I am in need of good solid night's sleep... but, I just have too much work to do! So, I often stay up really late working just to keep my head above it all and to get the house ready for Ron's return... sigh... I am so tired even right now... I am nervous about even driving home.
Pray for me, will ya?!
Until next time, we press on!

2 comments:

Constance said...

Hope things continue to get better. If it makes you feel better, I think your doing great.

Andy said...

my kids love going to darla's house!