Thursday, October 8, 2009

Now, comes the hard part...

In the next couple of days, his immune system will die and then, then he is supposed to rebound with his new cells. His counts will fall, and that time can make you very miserable. There are alot of sick people on this floor. I have heard Ron praying for other patients as he sat in his room listening to them vomit.
He did so well yesterday, that his nurse was shocked. I know it must be because of all the people who are praying for him. He ate some, walked a mile on the treadmill, and did some push-ups (the nurses weren't happy about the push-ups, because if his platelets are too low, and he got injured, he could bleed badly), and we had "church" together last night. If you were close to his room, you would have likely heard some of it, as we sang together, read the Scriptures, and prayed. It was really nice to be with him.
This morning he is tired. He is doing well so far. He has had some nausea, but has not vomited yet. They are watching him closely... he was really cold this morning and the nurse was afraid he was getting a fever, but so far, so good. I know you guys were praying, because he is doing so well.
Okay, I am feeling a little proud. You know that verse about it not being good for man to be alone? Well, I think that has proven true here at the hospital. I felt kind-of like when I was able to be with him, it motavated him... got him up and busy... and, the more he can keep the food and fluids down and exercise, the better! That, his counts rebounding, and lack of illnesses are what will help him get out of here sooner. He has it in his mind that he wants to get out of here in two weeks... some have acted like that is nearly impossible, but Ron is holding to that hope. I am hoping that, too. I am also hoping that he won't have to stay up here in an apartment for 6-8 weeks afterward like alot of people do. I want to take him home with me, and just make the trip a couple of times a week for his appointments.
The doctor asked if I can drive fast... well, yeah, I guess, don't want a ticket, though.
I have to leave Ron today, but I plan to come back tomorrow night. I so appreciate those who are helping take good care of my precious little ones so I can be with Ron some during this.
Well, I guess I best be going... thanks again for your prayers.
We press on!
Psalm 91... check it out!

3 comments:

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

This is wonderful news!! I'm so thankful for how well Ron is doing. We are praying and believe that God is going to raise Ron back up!!! Keep on believing. Love you!!

Sherry Sherron said...

Thanks for the update. We'll keep praying. God is still in control and answering prayer.

Anonymous said...

Still praying, Sarah. I hope it's not wrong that I feel so proud of what God is doing in and through you. I'm remembering my Sarah from college days, and I just love to see what the grace of God does in a life fully committed to Him. I pray His grace and strength for all of you. Love you!