Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Transplant Day Today!

Greetings family, friends, and lurkers,
I am here at The James... I was able to stay the night with Ron. This morning is the transplant. Some folk are a little confused. This is NOT a surgery, or at least there is no cutting going on. The only cutting that was involved was last week when they put the central line in. What is happening today is the stem cells from two umbilical cords/placentas are being put through that tube that he has received all that chemo, etc, and they begin to take over. Perhaps you are more familiar with the sister transplant... the bone marrow transplant... that should give you maybe a more familiar term to know what Ron is doing here.
In case you are wondering about the children and me. Well, we've been having quite the adventure! If it could go wrong, it did. If it could go right, it did. Our church has bought us groceries, paid for gas, and I even had one friend stay all night with us the other night... that was nice! My microwave killed over, but the church gave me one of the microwaves they had in their basement... it works well. One of my vans broke down, but the Manley's rescued me... ha, I didn't put it in park before I tried to restart it... that is why it wouldn't start. I keep loosing things, and I am feeling like part of my brain is missing... it is... the Ron part. Wow, life has been different without him.
Going to go now. Love you, guys!

1 comment:

Sherry Sherron said...

So glad that day is over. I am praying that everything is continuing to go well. Thank the Lord for blessing you with such good friends that are available to step to the plate and help you. Please keep us posted how things are going.