Friday, October 2, 2009

I am so excited!

Tomorrow, I get to go see my man! A big thank you to Amy S who is riding up with me and my girls! I haven't seen him since I left him there Wednesday! Another thank you goes to the Blowers family who is ready on call to watch the children for a few hours so I can visit Ron... they pastor around there and are easily accessible and very trustworthy. And, another thank you goes to the Durrs who pastor a Bible Methodist church! They are really stepping out and taking the plunge as they are planning to take the children for 2 nights next week!
Ron is already experiencing nausea, and the medicine they have been giving him for the nausea makes him very sleepy. In fact, he may call me, but not say much or sound slurred because he is drugged... it is not as fun to have a one way conversation.
It has been strange here without him the last couple of days and nights. You know things would get broken or messed up when Ron isn't here to fix them. First night, Hope fell off my bed! She ended up being okay, but it scared me. Then, yesterday, I tried to shop with my children and go to the library. That is going to take time to get used to... it was nice when Ron was available to lend a hand some of the time. Then, today, a drain got clogged, and I had to figure out that... well, I poured the drain cleaner stuff down it... that acid stuff scares me, but it worked. Then, I killed my microwave while making supper! I had cooked the potatoes in the microwave as usual, but they made an unusual amount of noise, and wa-la, the machine won't work now... maybe I can fix it, I don't know. Won't be the first thing I have tried to fix... do you remember that headlight last year... I am going to learn some skills yet. Just as long as I don't try to climb on the roof this year to clean gutters... I am TERRIBLY afraid of heights... found out just how afraid last year after Ron's transplant... he got to tease me about that one. But there is one thing that needs done that requires a ladder, but I think I can handle it. Looks like I won't need to be cutting the grass much more, and Ron trimmed the trees so much that I doubt I will have too many leaves to rake... but, even if I did, I like doing that kind of work.
I have been cleaning and cleaning and homeschooling my children today... keep busy, keep busy, keep busy, talk on the phone, wash and fold laundry, make play-dough for kids, clean out van, cook, read, scrub bathrooms, vacuum, watch video about airplanes or Charlie Brown with the kids, just whatever I do, I must keep busy... or it hurts too much... I will miss him too much... I will get afraid... so, I just keep busy.
Ron's mom and sister stopped by for a few minutes today... it was nice to have some company, someone to give me a hug and say they loved me. I am looking forward to a nice hug from my man tomorrow... hope he is not too drugged to visit... cause I don't know if I will get to see him again until Tuesday night. That is a 3 night wait again, and I need this to be a good visit.
It is hard to sleep at night here... there is just too much to do, so much on my mind, and I just sometimes don't want to go to bed. I slept on the couch last night. It doesn't matter anyway where I sleep if Ron is not here, and well, it is just a little weird without him.
We are really doing well... just as long as I stay busy. I know that some folk think I am doing wrong by not being with Ron more, but I must obey my husband, and if he tells me I have to stay with the kids most of the time, then, my hands are tied... not only that, but, I have to schedule babysitters in a way that does not overwhelm anyone who already has alot of other responsibilities and in a way that puts our children in safe, healthy, and happy Christian atmospheres. I have seen a few frowns and whisperings about our decisions, but overall, people are very supportive and kind, and I am grateful!
By the way, Ron has been telling me that some of my friends out there have been calling him... thanks! Keep it up! You all are such a blessing! Thanks everyone!
Oh, by the way, my mom's heart cath was Monday, and there were no serious blockages, just some narrowing. She is taking it easy right now.
Now, to the rest of my family, I FORBID you to get sick or try dying. I am done with the competition, okay. Enough is enough. No one is allowed to have a heart attack, get cancer, or any other serious complication for the next 3 months, okay. Just settle down and take a little break from the drama. You all are making me nervous! I teasing you, of course, but I do think we could use a little break... don't you agree?
Well, now, is it nearly midnight? Oh, yes... maybe I will get to sleep before 2 am tonight. That would be nice. Goodnight, y'all!

No comments: