Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Frustration over a doll!!!

As if I don't have better things to do, I have been searching for Charity's doll online... wouldn't be a big deal if the manufacturer still had them... might only be a 13 dollar doll, but, instead, looks like I might have to pay about 40 dollars to get one just like it right now... I think we shall have to pray that hers will be found! Can you imagine paying 40 dollars for a doll that originally cost 13 dollars?! Why does her favorite doll have to be a discontinued doll? And, WHY am I making a big deal over it... well, I got her liking another one of her dolls, but when emersed in water, the water stays inside, since it is hollow. Dora was a solid doll, that did not retain water, so she could bathe, swim, or whatever with the thing.
Faith was crying earlier because she wants her "teacher"... meaning... Sister Stroup. Guess my piano lesson today wasn't as special as what she received from her former teacher. The Stroups are moving to the Cayman Islands, so I am now Faith's piano teacher... which is humerous, indeed. Sister Stroup is a fantastic piano teacher, gentle, and very loved by my children. I don't think I will miss the long drive every Thursday, but I will miss the Stroups and the fun the kids had going there.
Guess what?! Ron and I have a very special surprise for Faith... she has learned sooo much this year, and really deserves a trophy for her work and helpfulness... we plan to get her one, too! But, in my closet lies a very much prayed for item... for which a little girl has looooonged! A 1/10 sized violin! It is sooo tiny and cute! I can hardly wait to present her with this gift... she deserves it! Now, I need to figure out how to teach her something I know absolutely NOTHING about! She has an ear for music, but I am not sure that will make her learn this thing! Another thing to pray about. I want to give my children an open door to develop their gifts!
Ron is at OSU having tests done... PRAY!
An answer to prayer is that one of our vehicles now have AC!!! Praise the Lord! It was incredibly hot travelling without it! My poor kids would cry from the heat! I had thought we might have to get another vehicle, but, it was just a hose thing! Yeah! Thank You, Lord!!!

2 comments:

Martha C said...

We haven't had to replace any dolls yet! Whew! :-) We have had to buy more toy guns though.
Glad to read of the AC! Minivans are the worst without cool air.

Dorcas said...

Hello! I've read your blog different times, but thought I'd comment this time. My husband pastor's the Church here in Cayman where the Stroup's are coming to. We are so excited about them making the move to teach in our school. We've only known them for a short time, but it seems like a long time!! We're so looking forward to them coming here. So sorry that you'll be losing them there! They are wonderful people!!