Monday, June 14, 2010

seven years ago

I said, "I will"

Ron,

I still will... though there be mountains to climb, and battles to be fought... I will be your gal.



"For better or for worse"

We are aiming for the better :-)



"For richer or for poorer"

Well, I reckon we are neither really... we have never be without our needs met and we have nice things. We have a nice church, family, friends, home, our Cook-mobiles, lots of extras, and precious memories... guess we are leaning toward the rich. Mansion is promised in the future... yep, we're rich.



"In sickness, and in health"

Well, no one told me sickness would come so early... thought the bad C came mostly to those who had lived to raise their children, enjoy at least 30 years of marriage... but, I have found it comes to any age... babies, children, teenagers, young adults, middle ages, retired, and elderly... it really doesn't matter... I have met people of many ages who have had a meeting with the big C. But, Ron, I am stickin with ya! I know you've been sick. I made a promise, and I plan to stick with it!



"Until death, us do part"

We still kickin... so we're still stickin

I had alot of fun with my guy today. I surprised him by decorating his van while he was at work. Wrote on windows, put balloons in the van, and a card... the girls helped with the balloons. He was so touched when he discovered his "Happy Anniversary" decor on his vehicle. His co-workers liked it, too, I guess. It was soooo fun. He was all smiles when I saw him later.
He got me roses, a card, and fried chicken... I really like chicken... he is allergic to it, though.
We went fishing, and he caught fish like nobodies business, but I struggled to catch one tiny little fish that wasn't even worth keeping. The girls swam. This was at Caesar's Creek, where the girls love to go. I tend to worry about the girls drowning, so they had on floating swimming gear. I think learning to swim without the gear will have to happen in a clean, clear pool, like at their Mimi's house... I get grossed out trying to swim in lake water... can't stand the nasty stuff under my feet and the thoughts of what is in the water. I am a paranoid woman.
We got doughnuts and that was mmm-mmm good. Later, we had the funniest "service" here at the house I have ever been. The kids were absolutely hilarious! Faith had me almost rolling on the floor... she was acting like she was giving some sort of testimony how she had these diseases in high school, and got well... something about blood going in a square then was in a circle, something about ribs, putting on pressure, cancer, cholera (but, she called it something else), and how her mom asked her what school she wanted to go to, and she chose high school... then, church school... What a wild story she made up!!! And, poor kid... what other children pretend they have cancer... yuck!
Then, while Charity was doing her part in the "service", she was hugging and tipping the pulpit (the kitchen trash can), and talking about a bright shadow, I think... it was something like that and making up some weird "dream." She led the "song service", and we had to sing Christmas songs!!!
Hope sang songs, stood on her head, hopped around, and tried to play the piano.
I laughed. Then, I laughed some more. Finally, I was in urgent need to go to the restroom from laughing so hard.
Ron did the Bible story. He had to be the normal guy.
WHAT AN ANNIVERSARY THIS WAS! Was very special, even with the difficult reports I received from my folk, about my grandma's being put into an induced coma. My heart was so sad, but I went ahead and tried to make it a happy time.
The girls and I also stopped by Ron's parents' house to drop off a gift for his mom... today was her birthday, as well. I loved it... we were so spontaneous today, and just popped in wherever we wanted... the girls and I. It was fun surprising people with love.
Seven years ago...
Oh, how seven years can change a person! Challenge one to see who they REALLY are deep inside, and how much can actually happen so quickly. One just never knows. But when one plus one equals one... how interesting life gets.

1 comment:

The Dickinsons said...

Dearest Sarah,
Loved this very sweet and touching post! Congratulations and Happy Belated Anniversary!!! May y'all have MANY more!

Thank you for your nice comment on my blog. You may use any ideas off of my blog, no problem! We Homeschooling Mothers are all in this together!

Have a super day in Jesus! =)