Friday, June 11, 2010

The UPDATE on Ron...

Well, I know some folk have been waiting... as have I, for an answer to Ron's testing.
There was actually a scare last week that had our nerves unravelling... or, at least mine. There was something showing up on the PET scan on Ron's neck, but at the same time, he was developing a nasty sickness. The debate was on... was his cancer returning? Well, he had a CT this week, and it seems that it very well could have just been the inflammation or infection from whatever sickness he has... PETs can show inflammation and infection, as well as cancer. He has a nasty sickness with rattles and coughs up stuff... it is hard listen to such noise in his sleep. He has to take some meds for it, but hopefully, he will be well again soon. There are some areas that are mentioned in the reports, but nothing the doc feels should be of concern right now. The next scan is to be in 3 months, if no symptoms appear before then. SOOO, it seems that it is still possible that Ron does not have cancer right now. There is perhaps HOPE... and, dreams to fulfill.
In the meantime, my heart is breaking for the ones I have met in recent days or have heard about... a 22 (?) year old who was just sent to an oncologist, another young girl whose boyfriend was just diagnosed with leukemia and his sister died of leukemia, and, of that young lady, J, I met who has Hodgkin's disease... this world is sooo full of pain and sadness... I am glad that this is not all we live for... we have the hope of Heaven... an eternity without sickness, pain, death, worry, tears, or grief... if we know Jesus Christ and believe in Him. What a comfort! Being the hypochondriac that I am, I fear I might be next... every pain, bump, sweat, itch, or whatever, sends me into a panic. Okay, the deal is that I want to raise my little ones... and, I don't know if I could handle what these cancer patients go through... that bone marrow biopsy looks like it would be excruciating. Ron is a trooper when it comes to pain.
It is a happy day, really... there is hope for a cure!

1 comment:

sarahmfry said...

Sarah, you amaze and inspire me. You make me laugh and cry. Praying God's richest, sweetest blessings on you today.

I understand and share your thoughts about heaven. With all the tragedy we've faced, and now that yet another person in our family is in the journey of cancer, I recently told mom...."This is just not our home."

We don't belong here, really. I've was thinking yesterday during devotions about the balance between having that kind of eternal view that sickness and hardtimes bring, while at the same time being able to "Carpe Diem"....seize each day and live it with joy and gusto. It is my goal to live that balance.

And you, friend, most certainly do.

Lots of love to you. Sarah