Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sorry if this bores you...

I know I haven't gotten to the library yet to post those pictures... but, I just have to share my excitement. Perhaps this does not warm your heart and soul like it does mine, but here is some new info on my children.

Hope can sit up, although a bit wobbly. She also has begun rocking on her hands and knees! You know what usually comes after that! I felt a little sad (strange, I know) because she is getting big so fast! It looks like crawling is right around the corner. Right now, one of her favorite things to do, is to lie on her back and kick things that make noise. She loves to do this in the bathtub, too, splashing water big time!

Faith got this little toy dog at the garage sale that barks and walks, but it quit working. I tried to change the batteries, but it still won't work. I think I told her it was tired. She came to me the other day and told me it was very sick, and she was going to take it to Jesus. I was hoping God would heal the little toy for her, but it still doesn't work. I told her that it is not always God's will to fix things... wasn't sure if that was the best answer or not. Get this, she gave the dog a very interesting name... She calls it "Stethanita."

Charity is talking so very well, although some people don't know how well she speaks because she acts shy around a lot of people. There are some down sides to a chatter-box two year old, especially when they talk in public restrooms. I was reminded recently of someone's past post on their blog about funny things said by kids in bathrooms. Charity is very blunt, and asks way too many questions! I just either try to keep cool about it, or just keep hushing her.

I have been trying to do little fun things with the girls... one is making shapes with the pancake mix. Yesterday, Faith had a teddy bear pancake, and Charity had a heart pancake. Charity just gasped and said, "Oh, WOW!" So cute! Today, I asked them what shapes they wanted, and Faith said she wanted a strawberry, and Charity said she wanted a rainbow. Out came the food coloring, and they got their rainbow and strawberry... I took pictures of them... maybe I will share that with you later, too.

Here is a cool idea for you, mamas! Recently, when I was cleaning out and organizing the girls' drawers, I decided to label them. For example, I wrote underwear, shorts (for under their dresses or swimming), and bloomers for the top drawer, then I drew pictures of each item. Next drawer down is tights and socks, and so forth. Now Faith can put away her own folded clothes as I work on the laundry! Sure save me some trips! One more job handed over to the children! Hurray!

Still in VBS this week. Pray hard, we have a situation with one family that needs a miracle!

Until we meet again...

No comments: