Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Holy Spirit, Thou Art Welcome In This Place

Last night, I enjoyed a good time in prayer. Just the other day, I confessed to some friends that I sometimes don't feel I even know what I am doing as a parent. It is a tough job, and trying to figure out how to deal with every situation is absolutely exhausting. The problem was that I was trying to do it in my own strength. My faith was low concerning Ron's healing and how to handle the stress from the past few years was weighing heavy.
Last night, I was reading a biography of a wonderful missionary lady, and I was convicted of my lack in excitement for Christ and how worldly my thinking had become.
God was moving right there in my room as I read that book, then I decided to respond. I felt compelled to pray. I annointed every room of my house and prayed over them. I annointed each of my children (while they slept) and prayed over them. I even annointed myself, then my husband (while he slept). God met with me, and reminded me of some wonderful things He has shown to me the past few years.
I want so badly for God to be glorified in my family. He has been so very good to us. You have no idea just how good, unless you could see all His handprints stamped in our lives. His fingerprints are EVERYWHERE! I regret that I have taken those blessing for granted. When the fog is cleared, I see the beautiful way God brought Ron and me together, led our lives, showed mercy, taught us new lessons, gave us fantastic little girls... they bring such great joy to me, provided our every need, gave Ron a beautiful gift of sharing Christ with others, and spared Ron's life so far, and hopefully for many years to come :-). We will be married 7 years this coming Summer, and I would like to add 70 more. Marriage is tough, but it is especially tough if someone isn't praying the way they should (that was me), and I know that life is busy, but in our brokenness, we cannot afford to slack in prayer. It would be an incredibly long post if I told you every place His fingerprints can be found. He is so good. He will be good, even if He takes Ron... He knows what He is doing. He isn't guessing what is best, He is God! He simply cannot make mistakes. I can trust Him.
May God help us to pray... see our children saved... glorify Christ... do our work heartily as unto the Lord... and, do it all with a smile :-)
I require my children to smile...
Good things today:
1. Hope is using her potty.
2. Faith and Charity have busy with their schooling and with chores.
3. I had devotions.
4. Ron is at the jail visiting and sharing Jesus' love
5. I got to hug my husband this morning... you all can take that for granted, but I have nearly lost that blessing several times.
6. Hope is begging for me to read to her a book about monkeys... children who love books are bound for a brighter future, don't you think?
7. I have figured out how to make a fantastically delicious coffee drink, and I am enjoying my own recipe... and, I don't have to pay $3-$4 for each cup either! You want the recipe? Okay, first make your coffee (I have to be careful about drinking too strong of coffee too often because my tummy doesn't like it, and neither doesn't my skin... so mine may not be as strong as yours), then pour a large cup of it, add one packet of hot cocoa, stir in a little chocolate syrup, add a couple tablespoons of French vanilla creamer, spray some whipped cream on top, and a little chocolate syrup on top of the whipped cream. Yes, it is rich and will probably make you fat if not careful. It is a nice treat... not healthy, but it is yummy.
8. My husband is planning to go back to work on Friday.
9. We should have our home paid off in a few weeks.
10. Faith has a loose tooth... okay, I think I am the only one excited about this, but I think little children are adorable when they are missing their front teeth... makes me want to have pictures done of them. It is her bottom teeth and I check them often, much to her displeasure. I can hardly wait! I am weird, huh?
That just about wraps things up.
Thank You, Jesus, for everything!

1 comment:

Belle said...

Sarah, thank you for being so open...sometimes I feel like I am the only mommy going through this and I am not going to survive... I don't know where to turn to next. Thank you for the reminder to pray!!
Love Linda