Monday, February 22, 2010

Please, welcome...


Princess! The newest member of our family. She is a dwarf bunny. She is probably about 10 weeks old, and so sweet! The girls are so in love with her. Unfortunately, I did not do things the right way, and ask permission from the trailor court to have her first, so I need to tell them today. I am hoping they will approve since she is not a cat or dog, a disturbing pet, and so far, she is not even stinky. I like non-stinky pets. Pray that they will say I can keep her, because my children would be crushed if we cannot... and, it would be all my fault for not asking first. She is an indoor pet, and you really ought to see her, and hold her. I love her as much as the kids love her! I think she will be the most spoiled bunny in the world. I wanted a gentle pet, and I did consider hamsters, but those little fellas bite. Princess has licked all over my hands, and did nibble on my clothes. I need to get her a salt block, nail trimmers, and maybe a little collar... HA! She already has a nice sized cage, a toy, has had plenty to eat, and has been held and petted alot. The girls get a kick out of her. She was hilarious last night, it looked like she was showing off, hopping all over the cage in huge leaps.
Last night was an interesting one... Faith and Charity were "camping" in their bedroom... they got sleeping bags the other day from the thrift store. They were going to sleep on their bedroom floor in their sleeping bags, when I heard an outburst of crying. It was one of those cries that said something was really wrong, not just a "she is on my sleeping bag" type of cry. Into my room comes Faith with blood all over! It was on her face, hands, arms, and eventually legs. Ron and I were put into the "OH, NO!" mode, until I asked Faith what happened, and can you guess what caused such a mess? She said she was picking her nose... HA! She was not in pain, she was scared because of all the blood. The more she cried, the more it spattered. Gross! I did the regular pinch the nose and tip the head down... it took a while to stop. Let me tell you, I think that should help the girls to stop that habit of nose picking! All the correction in the world would probably not work as well as that did last night to get their attention! I must say, it was a messy way to learn! Now, I have to wash those sleeping bags AGAIN!
In case you cannot tell, we got our income tax return... hence the money for the bunny and thrift store shopping, and we now have our own cell phone again, since Ron is back to work... it is a different phone and plan... more affordable... the other plan was out of the question! The mobile home is paid off, and we have the title... YIPPEE! No, we didn't strike rich, but it covered the bills and we enjoyed a little extra. We usually pay for the next year's schoolwork, too, with our income tax return. We are still trying to make the best decision on that right now. By the way, you should have seen the deals we got at the thrift store! We saved tons of money for very nice nice items! I can harldy believe all we got for such a small amount of money! God has been so very good to us!
Ron seems to be doing better, for those of you who were praying for his lungs. He will get a chest CT March 2nd, to further evaluate the situation.
The children are all healthy again. So, glad for that! They have plenty of energy, and I will be glad when it gets warm again, so they can get that energy out by playing outside.
Revival is this week at our church, starting Wednesday night, but, I do believe REVIVAL has already begun! God was moving in a very special and powerful way in yesterday's services... starting in the hearts of individuals who had already begun to allow God to prepare their hearts for a Revival. It was an exciting, yet convicting, atmosphere in the services yesterday.
Well, that is the update here at the Cook house!

2 comments:

Angie D said...

You're a brave woman! So far, I have only allowed a fish to live in my house... ;o)

Anonymous said...

Sarah I enjoy reading your blog. I really love your photos. I thank God he is in your family's life. Reading your blog is like reading from an expressive WRITER. You have a wonderful way expressing your thoughts. Love Mom Cook To God be the GLORY for all he is doing.