Sunday, February 7, 2010

Reflections (a little late, I know)

Last year, 2009, marked ten years since graduation from South Webster High School. Did you ever have to write a ten year plans/goals/ dreams for school? Well, I think I had to write something like that for a Home Economics class. Well, I am sure that my plans weren't exactly matched, but I have done a whole lot since then.
I was invited to a 10 years reunion, but I didn't make it.
I would like to reminisce a bit, if you don't mind, of the happenings between May 1999 and May 2009. Ages 17-27. My birthday is July 29th, so you are going to see alot of "almosts" due to it being Summer that often splits one journey and the next.
Graduation (age 17),
dating,
in the hospital,
went to GBS (age 18),
got involved with ministries and made lots of friends,
loved college,
graduated with an AA in Missions for Nurses in 2001 (age: 19, almost 20),
have worked as a house cleaner, as a baby-sitter, at McDonald's, and at Wendy's.
went to nursing school... bla... maybe some other time,
moved to New Mexico (age: almost 21) and
worked full-time with missionaries in the land of the Navajo Indians,
loved working in the school and church ministry there,
made good friends,
moved back to Ohio,
got married (almost 22),
lost a pregnancy (22),
had three cute and busy girls (almost 23, 25, and 26, I believe),
cared for hubby with cancer (age 26-current),
lived 4 different places since marriage,
helped one year part-time in Christian school in Dayton (22),
did home-health care for a short while (22),
became a stay-at-home mama,
helped in various church ministries,
started a blog,
met lots of people,
mended some broken relationships,
gained an incredible amount of weight,
made lots of mistakes,
apologized alot,
purchased first home (27)... our mobile,
learned how to change diapers... I am an expert now... should have a master's degree in it,
laughed,
cried,
smiled,
mourned, and
still loving being a Christian!
It has been a busy tens years... whew! Makes me tired just thinking about it. Do you think I could fit something else in there?
I don't think I had all that on my to-do list in high school, but I like the way God writes things better that how I do! He has been good to me!
I do apologize that I didn't get this done in 2009, but, hey, better late than never!
I am over half way done with the 11th year... it has been a year of difficulties, yet seeing God's help and presence.
Pressing on toward the mark!

1 comment:

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Sarah, you are the most honest and humble person I know. Your family is so blessed to have you!!! Love your posts. Take care and keep on lovin Jesus!!