Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Such an exciting day yesterday... if you are a woman, that is...

Hard to take a decent picture with this camera... can't see what I am doing. Above is an attempt of taking a picture of my new-to-me treasure. Below is one of the hats I purchased... Faith is wearing it here with a dress up outfit that I think belongs to the church.



1. I had a doctor's appointment, and while I was there, my doctor told me this story about a patient of hers who is a missionary, and would you know that God works in mysterious ways. My doctor seems ready to begin a life of faith in Christ... she was planning to start reading her Bible yesterday. She really seemed so full of faith... I left with tears in my eyes. (By the way, nothing is wrong with me... it was just a check-up.) I think God has been on her trail the past few years, but I saw a readiness in her. I wondered if I should offer to pray her right there... instead, I just listened and talked with her.
2. I had a good time with my MIL at Golden Corral... she treated the kids and me to a nice meal.
3. Afterward, I took the girls to a fun park, and they played, made friends, and had a fantastic time.
4. Then, we dropped by and saw my father-n-law and brother-n-law.
5. I decided to drop by the thrift store on the way home, and was sooooo happy to find myself a heavy-duty stand-up mixer (Sunbeam with 12 speeds) with 2 different types of beaters and two sizes of the stainless steel(?) bowls. I think they are about $80-110 online, and other brands are a couple hundred dollars. It works... I made sure of that before I bought it... it makes me feel kind of rich. I got 3 little pairs of dress up shoes and a wig for the girls (some of their dress up stuff had to be tossed because they were worn out)... after paying such LOW prices on this stuff, I feel like never buying new again. I mean, why pay 3 or more times the amount, when the used looks and works like new. Got the game of Twister, which was fun to teach the girls last night, and a nice long jean skirt that looks new for Charity. Got fancy hair stuff packed together in a baggy... very nice and some were definitely brand new. Got at least one beautiful hat for the girls... Charity wants to wear it all the time, but it's a church hat... love it! Everything... including the fantastic mixer, came to like $30.25. My estimated guess is that I saved maybe $90-$100 yesterday on the items I purchased, by simply going thrift.
6. Came home,
7. mowed the grass,
8. taught the kids how to play Twister,
9. talked to my husband excitedly over my new mixer... even thought the light on it was cool... I am used to my little hand held thing that I splatter stuff everywhere with...
10. got the kids in the tub,
11. made sure they were fed,
12. teeth brushed,
13. and put to bed.
14. Listened to some UnShackled! stories online with my hubby, and
15. I played on the computer till I finally gave up the fight and went to sleep.
It was a good day.

No comments: